New Year's in Jawbone Canyon (12/26 to 1/1)

speedyangie

The Need, The Need For SPEED.......UTVUndergroun d
Jul 31, 2011
Cali
SpeedyAngie and XPirate would like to invite everyone to come out for Post-Christmas riding in to the New Year at Jawbone Canyon!

We'll be doing rides to the Jawbone Store, Dove Springs, Randsburg and cool points-of-interest like McGyver's Cabin, Schmidt Tunnel, the Talc Mine...

CAMPING - We'll be camping in Dove Springs instead of Jawbone as it is more central to the rides - directions are as follows:

5N to 14N, the entrance to Dove Springs OHV will be about 30 miles from the State Route 14/58 split in the town of Mojave. There will be a sign "Dove Springs OHV" on the right side of the road, but it is a left turn in to Dove Springs (there will be a dedicated left-turn lane). The turn will put you on SC94, continue on the road, we will be at Campsite 7 on the left side of the road. Can't miss us. :)

All are welcome!

1. John - In Spirit
2. SpeedyAngie - RZR, 1 quad, 4 dirt bikes (Camping 12/26-1/1)
3. XPirate - XP, 3? quads (Camping 12/30-1/1)
4. Trukndave - RZR4 (1-2 days TBD)
5. Outofround - RZR (Day ride 12/30)
6. South Bay 4 Life -
7. MarksBackhoe -

Last edited:

speedyangie

Jul 31, 2011
Cali
Yeah. I know you've got a ride at Mammoth Wash. We wanted to stay a little more local and miss riding Jawbone as we haven't been there in maybe 6 months! This will be a good scouting trip and I'll definitely plan another one that you can make. :)

outofround

Jul 31, 2011
whittier,ca
man, i sure would like to go. have to work that week and newyears eve till 1:00 am.:( if you have a chance hit nightmare gulch. limited use trail and very scenic. check out my photos of that area. maybe next time. i dont want to step on your post but i am planning on gonig up there january 20th. ... have a good time..bill

speedyangie

Jul 31, 2011
Cali
man, i sure would like to go. have to work that week and newyears eve till 1:00 am.:( if you have a chance hit nightmare gulch. limited use trail and very scenic. check out my photos of that area. maybe next time. i dont want to step on your post but i am planning on gonig up there january 20th. ... have a good time..bill
Nightmare Gulch, Opal Canyon and Last Chance Canyon being added to the rides list! We're in luck that it wont be closed off to birds of pery nesting during the time we'll be there.

It'll be awesome!

Simi Dude

La Familia For Life !!
Feb 25, 2010
Simi Valley Ca.
Sound like fun, but will have to pass even though its my normal stomping ground. I will be heading to Glamis on those dates with Sand Shark (Noel). The last time I went to G was 2005 so you can say Im over due.

For anyone who is thinking of going on this Dove Springs Ride DO IT! It is an awesome place with lots of cool destinations to see. You will not be bored.

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
Angie, Id like to come out for a day or two, but need to see how things pan out a little closer to that week. If you can, post up GPS coordinates of where you are planning to camp. Thanks!!:)

speedyangie

Jul 31, 2011
Cali
Sound like fun, but will have to pass even though its my normal stomping ground. I will be heading to Glamis on those dates with Sand Shark (Noel). The last time I went to G was 2005 so you can say Im over due.

For anyone who is thinking of going on this Dove Springs Ride DO IT! It is an awesome place with lots of cool destinations to see. You will not be bored.
We'll miss ya! Went on a ride from Mammoth Wash to Glamis after having not gone to Glamis in like 5 years as well! Have fun!!!

speedyangie

Jul 31, 2011
Cali
Angie, Id like to come out for a day or two, but need to see how things pan out a little closer to that week. If you can, post up GPS coordinates of where you are planning to camp. Thanks!!:)
Yay! Will do. I'm headed out to scope the area. May camp at Dove Springs as it is more centrally located to the rides we'll be doing.

Nightmare Gulch will definitely be on one of the days you're there. Beautiful red rock canyons where the birds of prey nest. Spooky. :eek:

speedyangie

Jul 31, 2011
Cali
just went over my work schedule for that week. i have one day off dec. 27 or 30. what day are you going to nightmare gulch?.bill
Let's do Nightmare Gulch on the 30th. Most people should be able to get out there by then. :)

Last edited:

XPirate

Sep 9, 2011
Bakertucky
30th.... would be better ;) we dont know our schedule for sure...but looks like mal has to work 27,28,29...possibly 30th.....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000