New Year's in Jawbone Canyon (12/26 to 1/1)

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
Hey I have an idea - We'll face North and you guys face South at midnight and we'll toast each others camps :cool:

RZRluvr

La Familia Baby!
Feb 21, 2011
Anaheim,CA
Hey I have an idea - We'll face North and you guys face South at midnight and we'll toast each others camps :cool:
I'll bring ya a case of Pepsi for the toast Jimmy:D

Gonna miss you guys Angie and crew! Between Mammoth Wash, Jawbone and OW we are gonna be spreading some awesome Underground Familia love throughout SoCal:D

Flyingbryan

Jun 23, 2011
Wow, I have been going out to Jawbone / Redrock all the way back to 1972 and have never heard of Nightmare Gulch. I have been through there but never heard the name until now, just looked it up.

If I get out that way I will look you guys up but I go back to work Dec 30 at night. Have a great time and maybe I will meet up with some of you at some point. Buy the way I just stay at a house we have in Cantil area.

Here is a link to a good map showing where Nightmare Gulch is, just east of HWY 14 and looks like coming from under the overpass route.

http://www.parks.ca.gov/pages/21299/files/7-%20park_map%20with%20aerial.pdf

speedyangie

The Need, The Need For SPEED.......UTVUndergroun d
Jul 31, 2011
Cali
Wow, I have been going out to Jawbone / Redrock all the way back to 1972 and have never heard of Nightmare Gulch. I have been through there but never heard the name until now, just looked it up.

If I get out that way I will look you guys up but I go back to work Dec 30 at night. Have a great time and maybe I will meet up with some of you at some point. Buy the way I just stay at a house we have in Cantil area.

Here is a link to a good map showing where Nightmare Gulch is, just east of HWY 14 and looks like coming from under the overpass route.

http://www.parks.ca.gov/pages/21299/files/7-%20park_map%20with%20aerial.pdf
It's closed half the year and when it's open, half the month is closed to vehicles due to Raptor nesting. I've never been either, so it'll be an adventure for all!

If you could make it out to join us, that'd be great. I'll be posting the camping spot within the next week!

dev's rzr

Jan 7, 2011
glandora ca
be carefull there never know what your going to get with those guys ...... dammm i got to do another camping trip with you guys

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
Angie, I just watched a bunch of videos on "Nightmare Gulch", "The Notch" and so on....
YOu're gonna need to convince Papa Bear to come with us, because I sense the need for a WINCH!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

speedyangie

Jul 31, 2011
Cali
Angie, I just watched a bunch of videos on "Nightmare Gulch", "The Notch" and so on....
YOu're gonna need to convince Papa Bear to come with us, because I sense the need for a WINCH!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
Not to worry Dave! We'll be fine. But...if you can convince Papa to come...that'd be awesome. I should've bribed Braden with some Christmas marshmallows last week to tell his Grandpa to ride with us. :)

We just got back from scouting. Will be scouting Nightmare Gulch next week with XPirate as it's not open to vehicles this week. Come join! If not, we'll be doing the Nightmare Gulch on Friday, Dec. 30 to accommodate Outofround.

speedyangie

Jul 31, 2011
Cali
Back from scouting! Did almost 80 miles in 40 degree weather! Brrrr...we even started a campfire at one of our stops. Rode up to McIvers cabin at almost 7,000 ft. above sealevel. Very cool up there with an outhouse and a cabin with goodies inside. Left some water and snacks and signed the guestbook. Then, rode around the desert, greeted some cows along the trail, rode through a maze of miles of desert flowers, around a bunch of mountains to some really cool rock formations...Explored! Explored! Explored!

Awesome riding. Can't wait to share it with everyone! :D

p.s. Thanks for the good times and the strawberry Sonic slush! ;)

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
wow sounds like you had a good day of riding , but I bet you did get the lawn mowed like did LOL :D
Rich, you are also probably taking comfort in, that it wasn't 40 degrees mowing your lawn!! (I didn't even get to my lawns today),....just watched a bunch of football:D

onerich

The Carpenter - UTVUnderground's La familia
Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
Dave , 40 -dust-wind and what mother nature has to offer beat mowing the lawn any day . SO did we take any pix because I'm drooling after that ride report :D

outofround

Jul 31, 2011
whittier,ca
hey dave, no winch needed. i was up there 4 weeks ago realy nice riding. a little technical, slow and easy. rich i wish my grass was growing to cut. just that time of the year. cold. angie did you get any pics. when we were up at the cabin it was snowing on us. realy cool or should i say cold. lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000