New Year's in Jawbone Canyon (12/26 to 1/1)

XPirate

Sep 9, 2011
Bakertucky
WOW, that about wraps up the scouting trip.....it was that awesome....good riding, good friends, good weather....pretty sweet day trip. sorry no pics from the pirate, too busy grinning and pushin the gas pedal for nonsense like photos....Arrrgh Mateys, we'll be hunting for treasure next weekend if anyone wants to join....

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
Pirates kick ass!! But you can't expect them to operate heavy machinery and take pics with just "one eye"!! AAArrrrghhh:D:D:D:D:D

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
not to hijack the thread, but Dave, how were you able to record me dancing, and then post it as your avatar?
I have a hidden camera in the mens' bathroom at Hooters in Bakersfield!! :eek::eek::eek::eek: ;)

Flyingbryan

Jun 23, 2011
Angie SDR is installing my Long Travel and I should have my Commander back Tuesday and test it out at Hungry valley when I get it back. So if all goes well I will get out there for a day or two wile you are there. Work is wanting me back by 7:00 pm on Thursday the 29th so I will let you know next week.

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
Have fun Angie! Don't forget the store too! This is from 2 years ago when Chris and I stayed at the Lake Isabella KOA and rode all the way to Jawbone via Red Rock Canyon, Dove Springs etc... 120mi + round trip by ourselves in 106 deg heat!!! We were pretty dumb for doing it, but man did we have fun.:eek:

Ride safe and see you at Soboba.

Dan.....

speedyangie

The Need, The Need For SPEED.......UTVUndergroun d
Jul 31, 2011
Cali
Angie SDR is installing my Long Travel and I should have my Commander back Tuesday and test it out at Hungry valley when I get it back. So if all goes well I will get out there for a day or two wile you are there. Work is wanting me back by 7:00 pm on Thursday the 29th so I will let you know next week.
Hope things with your Commander turned out okay! I'd love to see that thing in action. :)

speedyangie

Jul 31, 2011
Cali
Have fun Angie! Don't forget the store too! This is from 2 years ago when Chris and I stayed at the Lake Isabella KOA and rode all the way to Jawbone via Red Rock Canyon, Dove Springs etc... 120mi + round trip by ourselves in 106 deg heat!!! We were pretty dumb for doing it, but man did we have fun.:eek:

Ride safe and see you at Soboba.

Dan.....

Man that sounds like a blast! I was out in Jawbone for July 4th and it was well in to the 100s...115F max I believe. It'll be much cooler this trip. We will definitely make a run to the Jawbone Store. They'll have live bands there for New Years. Will post pictures after the week!

Hope you guys are well! Tell Chris I said hi! See you guys at Soboba!

Flyingbryan

Jun 23, 2011
Angie, I am sorry to say my Commander is in a bad way. I took it in to install Long Travel that I had waited months for. Only because I thought it would take me a week with work to get it installed. And I would have to get someone over with a welder at least a couple of times. The plan was get it installed in time to ride with all of you for this once a year trail.

Well the install was like a bad plastic surgery where you have to do three surgeries to try to fix the one bad one and it will never be the same.

I have to take everything apart and not only start over but get the rear swing arm out pull the bearings have it sandblasted and re power coated due to large scratches. Then after grinding and cutting the welding out that was just done hopefully without compromising the frame and then weld up at least one hole that was drilled into my new frame for no reason and grind and paint that. Then it will be time to address a tie rod issue, boot issue, camber issue, toe issue, and a few other issues.
So as you can see it will be weeks if not months before I am up and going.

Sorry and have a great time.

Merry Christmas and Happy New year.

speedyangie

Jul 31, 2011
Cali
Bryan,

Sorry to hear about your Commander.

Let me know if there is anything I can do. We've got a welder at the shop and are pretty handy when it comes to side-by-sides. We're also not too far from you!

Hope you're back out riding soon!

Angie.

Angie, I am sorry to say my Commander is in a bad way. I took it in to install Long Travel that I had waited months for. Only because I thought it would take me a week with work to get it installed. And I would have to get someone over with a welder at least a couple of times. The plan was get it installed in time to ride with all of you for this once a year trail.

Well the install was like a bad plastic surgery where you have to do three surgeries to try to fix the one bad one and it will never be the same.

I have to take everything apart and not only start over but get the rear swing arm out pull the bearings have it sandblasted and re power coated due to large scratches. Then after grinding and cutting the welding out that was just done hopefully without compromising the frame and then weld up at least one hole that was drilled into my new frame for no reason and grind and paint that. Then it will be time to address a tie rod issue, boot issue, camber issue, toe issue, and a few other issues.
So as you can see it will be weeks if not months before I am up and going.

Sorry and have a great time.

Merry Christmas and Happy New year.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000