newbie seeking advice

maha

May 10, 2010
www.headsetplus.com
Hello All,

I'm new to the UTV's. Been eyeballing the Rhino for the last year, having hard time convincing the wife on why I need one of these.. :D

Looking for some advice... I live in the S.F. Bay Area. Have a cabin in Lake Tahoe (6500-7000ft in elevation). I read the new FI ones are better for ridding in different altitudes. Of course the older Rhino's (<2008?) are not FI..

Of course, I don't have $12,000 to spend on a brand new one... any suggestions?

DUNE DUMMY 29

OG Sticker Man - UTVUnderground La Familia
Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com
Hello All,

I'm new to the UTV's. Been eyeballing the Rhino for the last year, having hard time convincing the wife on why I need one of these.. :D

Looking for some advice... I live in the S.F. Bay Area. Have a cabin in Lake Tahoe (6500-7000ft in elevation). I read the new FI ones are better for ridding in different altitudes. Of course the older Rhino's (<2008?) are not FI..

Of course, I don't have $12,000 to spend on a brand new one... any suggestions?
2008 OR NEWER ARE 700 CC FUEL INJECTED. THERE ARE SOME FOR SALE ON THIS SITE AS WELL AS OTHER SITES.

maha

May 10, 2010
www.headsetplus.com
How difficult is it to re-jet the carburetor (pre-2008 models) at different altitudes? What happens if I just leave it at the factory setting? I just lose power right? won't hurt anything?

DUNE DUMMY 29

OG Sticker Man - UTVUnderground La Familia
Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com
How difficult is it to re-jet the carburetor (pre-2008 models) at different altitudes? What happens if I just leave it at the factory setting? I just lose power right? won't hurt anything?
I HAVE A 660 WITH A CARB. I RIDE IN THE MOUNTAINS SOUTH OF SAN DIEGO ALL SUMMER LONG. I ALSO HAVE RIDDEN @ LAKE SILVERWOOD (BY LAKE ARROWHEAD) & I HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH THE CARB. I HAVE A K&N FILTER WITH AN OUTERWEAR & A DRAGONFIRE RACING CDI.

maha

May 10, 2010
www.headsetplus.com
I have a cabin in North Lake Tahoe. Trails there are in the 7000-9000ft range... then when I get home to the trails in the SF Bay Area, it's sea level.

family wagon

White Knuckled - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
Riverside
Welcome to the underground ! If you plan on getting a 660 it is not that bad to rejet. I would get a wide band A/F gauge which will set you back about 200 and I would change the jets when you are in SF or Tahoe. If you jet your rhino for sea level then go to tahoe it will run shitty but shouldn't hurt the motor. If you jet for tahoe and then drive it in SF it will be SUPER lean which will kill the motor !!!! Check out craigslist you should be able to find something cheap and you might want to lean towards FI if you don't want to worry about jetting

mssandslinger

Rhino Parts & Performance - Official UTVUndergroun
Oct 18, 2009
AZ
Welcome! If you go with a 660 later on if you want to make motor changes down the road its going to be much easier. The down fall is having to re-jet, (which isn't hard at all really) so i would go with a 660. And they are cheaper then the 700. im sure you can find a nice used 660 online that's all built up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000