Nightmare Gulch Nov. 15th-17th

Slacker

La Familia
Apr 1, 2012
Bakersfield
I'm pretty sure the Short Bus would be the laughing stock! We might do well to leave it on pit and recovery duties. But if someone wanted to throw a free lift, tires and top end rebuilt my way I'd take it!

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
I'm pretty sure the Short Bus would be the laughing stock! We might do well to leave it on pit and recovery duties. But if someone wanted to throw a free lift, tires and top end rebuilt my way I'd take it!
Consider the guys who ran the EMC class in a stocker Yota and finished. No laughing there! You can do it!!

Last edited:

John 2-Wheels

Nov 19, 2013
Folks, thanks for letting me join you all on the ride last weekend. I am well on the way to getting the minimum number of scratches needed for a properly used BMW GS bike. Special thanks to Mike for helping to wrestle my bike around during those moments of non-vertical posture.

So, I am plotting my return, this time with a lighter bike and better tread. It involves 5 steps:

1. Convince wife to let me keep my dirt bike - Done
2. Convince wife to join us on one of these outings - WIP, depending on Dave's charms for that one
3. Get dirt bike to idle properly after sitting around the garage as a ornament for the last 2 years - WIP
4. Get the nerve to do this again by drinking lots of beer - WIP, making great progress here!
5. Meet Dave a remote wilderness location at sunrise for the big 2 wheel SMACK-DOWN - TBD

Look forward to hanging out with you all again soon!

John, the dummy with the 1200GS

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
John!! you can do it!! Welcome to the site BTW! You are surely to get corrupted like the rest of us here, but I predict Ill have you in a UTV by the end of next year. :)

Slacker

La Familia
Apr 1, 2012
Bakersfield
Glad to meet you John! You are one of the most determined people I've ever met. A lot of people would have given up early into that ride with the conditions you had. I'm glad you have a good spirit about the damage to your bike, I'm not sure I could do that considering what that machine likely costs!

Good luck on the checklist there. Just bring the misses out to one of the rides when the ladies are going, she'll have a great time. They all sit around and cackle among each other, you know how the ladies are! You and the misses will be rolling a UTV in no time!

John 2-Wheels

Nov 19, 2013
The first scratch is always the hardest !

Thanks Chris, wife will turn up someday. She has yet to see the safety and comfort of the short bus!

onerich

The Carpenter - UTVUnderground's La familia
Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
Folks, thanks for letting me join you all on the ride last weekend. I am well on the way to getting the minimum number of scratches needed for a properly used BMW GS bike. Special thanks to Mike for helping to wrestle my bike around during those moments of non-vertical posture.

So, I am plotting my return, this time with a lighter bike and better tread. It involves 5 steps:

1. Convince wife to let me keep my dirt bike - Done
2. Convince wife to join us on one of these outings - WIP, depending on Dave's charms for that one
3. Get dirt bike to idle properly after sitting around the garage as a ornament for the last 2 years - WIP
4. Get the nerve to do this again by drinking lots of beer - WIP, making great progress here!
5. Meet Dave a remote wilderness location at sunrise for the big 2 wheel SMACK-DOWN - TBD

Look forward to hanging out with you all again soon!

John, the dummy with the 1200GS

John Welcome to the UNDERGROUND .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000