Nightmare Gulch Nov. 15th-17th

Slacker

La Familia
Apr 1, 2012
Bakersfield
:DThe Short Bus rides again:D November 16th-17th we're going to Nightmare Gulch in Red Rock State Park. Tentatively planning to camp at Dove Springs Friday through Sunday. We'll tack on Last Chance Canyon and who knows what else. Weather permitting (not too cold) we'll do a night ride through the gulch Saturday night as well. I'll put up more details as we get closer. No adventure pass is required. Nightmare Gulch was moderately difficult last time I was in there but there has been some weather since. This definitely a scenery ride but it's rough enough to keep it interesting that way too. Figure on pulling out of camp at 9:00 Saturday and being gone for 4-7 hours depending on what we run into. We'll potluck Saturday night as usual:) If we night ride we'll take off after the potluck. Keep you're eyes on this first post for details to be updated.:D

Directions in:
Go 25.2 miles northwest on highway 14 from the 14/58 interchange near Mojave. You will go past Jawbone and Red Rock State Park. There is a low BLM sign on the right directing you to Dove Springs, left turn onto SC103.

From the cattle guard go 2 miles ( at 1.2 miles there is a major intersection, go straight) and be looking left, thats where we'll be. It's just after a break in the hill. Plenty of room for all.

There are no signs that say no fires so I'm thinking we're good to go on that.

1. John Berry
2. Slacker (camping)
3. Slackers friend Mike (camping)
4. R-Man, not a La Familia guy (yet?) (day trip)
5. Tgluck (likely day trip)
6. Kevlar (maybe)
7. Trukindave
8. Glenn from Bishop
9. RZRluvr (maybe)
10. Rzrcsi
11. John B. (Dave's friend) Rolling the dice, you never know who Dave will bring around!
12. Marksbackhoe
13. Grumpy
14. SpeedyAngie
15. Candi (short for something, he's a dude)
16. Candi's buddy with a Jeep (can carry a lot of beer)

Last edited:

Slacker

La Familia
Apr 1, 2012
Bakersfield
[/IMG]Definitely awesome scenery and a few challenges along the way. Unless you're RZRCSI and you make it look easy;) (seriously, Jim was on that day and embarrassed a few of us badly)

And there's a wedge in in LAst Chance if you're one of "those guys":eek:

Rokitman

UTVUnderground La Familia
Mar 11, 2013
Nipomo, CA
Well crap. Already made reservations for three days at Disney on those dates. I was hoping you would do it at the end of Oct. Bummer.

RZRluvr

La Familia Baby!
Feb 21, 2011
Anaheim,CA
This might work if the cards fall in the right place:D Remember that Jim's UTVUnderground Desert Rally is the weekend before ( Veterans Weekend) live music, rides, food and UTV games:D

Slacker

La Familia
Apr 1, 2012
Bakersfield
Would like to make this ride but we maybe going the weekend before so we'll see.
Don't know if you're planning on going to Nightmare gulch the weekend before. If you are, don't forget it's closed the first two weeks of the month. Hope to see you up there!

Slacker

La Familia
Apr 1, 2012
Bakersfield
This might work if the cards fall in the right place:D Remember that Jim's UTVUnderground Desert Rally is the weekend before ( Veterans Weekend) live music, rides, food and UTV games:D
Yep, it's killing me I can't make that ride:confused: Too far and on call for the weekend. Pretty bummed about that.....

Bagman

Jan 4, 2011
Norco, CA
ATWS

Anticipated Transient Without Scram
Advanced Thermal Weapon Sight
Association of Third World Studies
Adventure Travel World Summit
Anti-armor Threat Warning System
Automatic track warning systems
Advanced Train Warning System
Australian Tsunami Warning System
As The World Spins
Adventure Travel World Summit
Advanced Tomahawk Weapon System
Automatic Time Window Selection
Attitudes Toward Women Scale
Adventure Tom Wu Stanford
Australian Tourism Web Service

That's about all could find, what's it mean???

Slacker

La Familia
Apr 1, 2012
Bakersfield
Chris,If the moon lines up with Uranus than I might be able to make it. I'm going to try and make this . If I do, this will be the first time
i'll be out since I lost my motorhome and cars. P.S. your never to old to play and RIDE!!!!
It's a strange thing to make a guy do to get you out for a ride:confused: But you do bring the beer and are a riot to beat up on so tonight I'll go out after sunset and see if I can get my anus to line up with the moon. I don't know why you need me to do this, but for you, I will somehow make it happen man. Pictures to follow. See you out there:D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000