Nightmare Gulch Ride!!

Slacker

La Familia
Apr 1, 2012
Bakersfield
Nightmare Gulch closes at the end of the month until July:eek: A few people have expressed interest in making a pass through there so I say lets do it Saturday, January 26. Meet at the 1st staging area going into Dove springs ready to roll out at 9:30am. It's pretty chilly over there in the morning so no need to roll early to freeze! The kicker is I've only been to the gate so if anyone going has run through it feel free to take the lead:) I'll work on posting up the Map in a bit, I just wanted to plant the seed. From what I've heard this trail is a medium difficulty ride with just enough rocks to keep a guy interested and great scenery.

I apologize for sucking with computers, I can't seem to put the Googlemaps image in here. I guess Richs' awesomeness with the computer will alway reign supreme over mine:p So here's the old way of getting people to the same place, directions.

Take Hwy. 14 north past Jawbone and Red Rock SP to the Dove Springs turn off. Turn left and there is a staging area on the left less than a mile into Dove Springs. Thats where we'll rendezvous and get ready to break some wheelers (seems like that happens on all of our rides lately)

Ride list:

1. Slacker
2. Rzrcsi - camping
3. Mike and Melanie
4. Don
5. from elsewhere
6. from elsewhere

Last edited:

Kevlar

dunechaser1 - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 8, 2009
Visalia, Ca
www.dunechasers.com
Nightmare Gulch is in an environmentally sensitive area and is only open the 2nd half of the month July through January to protect the Raptor bird of prey. By all means tread lightly.

I haven't yet run this trail but its on my bucket list. Have fun and take lots of pics.

Slacker

La Familia
Apr 1, 2012
Bakersfield
Sounds good Jim, Lets make it 7:30 if thats okay. We have a late company Christmas party the night before. I'm not sure what kinda shape I'm going to be in Saturday.

Slacker

La Familia
Apr 1, 2012
Bakersfield
OK.... hope the weather holds...
Here's hoping it rains like mad the night before then clear sunny skies:D

Looks like rain 'til Friday and cloudy but dry Saturday. Nearly perfect:)

Tonight
Jan 23
Mostly cloudy
Lo 42°
more
Thu
Jan 24
Mostly cloudy with a shower
61°Lo 42°
more
Fri
Jan 25
Mostly cloudy, showers around
63°Lo 38°
more
Sat
Jan 26
Rather cloudy
63°Lo 38°
Sun
Jan 27
A couple of showers possible
60°Lo 35°
more

Slacker

La Familia
Apr 1, 2012
Bakersfield
It looks like Nightmare Gulch is actually a pretty quick ride. I think we can get Last Chance in too. If there are some people who haven't been through the Burrow Schmidt tunnel maybe we can wander over there to. Maybe bring a flashlight just in case.

Slacker

La Familia
Apr 1, 2012
Bakersfield
If you get some water running through it should add to the challenge but beware of the deep mud! I've seen videos of jeeps winching out of it. Got winch right?
Actually no, I haven't needed one since coming to Crazytown (California). I think I'll add a front/rear jobber at some point. KOH is probably going to be that first time I'd actually need it. The Short Bus is always seemingly always on short time in my mind so I just haven't spent the cash on it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000