No Paddles , No Helmets, No Problem, Good Video..

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
Heres a good one old school shit. Shows that a large Buffed Skat Style Tire With a lot of Roll out Will go Good. Who needs a stinkin Helmet too it blocks you Vision. LOL.
[ame]http://youtu.be/wTl6Gm7eUYw[/ame]

Reactions: 2 people

Rokitman

UTVUnderground La Familia
Mar 11, 2013
Nipomo, CA
Ummm yup! That was pretty much the way it was in these "safe" buggys back in the day when a fatality a weekend was common at the dunes!

Oc1

Apr 21, 2011
awesome how much the vw pan flexes when they land! In a couple of those slow motion rolls you can see the guys heads smacking the sand! Looked like they were having a good time.

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
The Part I like is how he tells ya that the more HP they make the Larger the tire they can turn. Like I always say you really need to run the least amount of Paddle as Possible and you can really haul Ass. They Like to have a lot of Roll out when they up the HP. He Side hills it next to the Water really nice. And they are 2wd pieces of crap. low on HP.:eek:

XPirate

Sep 9, 2011
Bakertucky
Big props to the guy that rolls it 1st.... When they show it in slow mo, he doesn't even get a grain of sand in his hair!!!! He's way BADA$$!!!! Growing up, my parents had a VW sandrail, they went everywhere in it.... The big day was when my dad was able to get ahold of a Chenowth chassis....He still talks about it... Doing wheelies down the street was his way of prepping the buggy. He was the coolest Dad on our block, gave all the kids rides....When they took away Devil's slide at pismo, he stopped going. Said it wasn't worth the time and effort, so we went to the desert and had a blast!!!! It was awesome growing up in an offroad family and I'll try and keep that going in my family.

Reactions: 1 person

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
Big props to the guy that rolls it 1st.... When they show it in slow mo, he doesn't even get a grain of sand in his hair!!!! He's way BADA$$!!!! Growing up, my parents had a VW sandrail, they went everywhere in it.... The big day was when my dad was able to get ahold of a Chenowth chassis....He still talks about it... Doing wheelies down the street was his way of prepping the buggy. He was the coolest Dad on our block, gave all the kids rides....When they took away Devil's slide at pismo, he stopped going. Said it wasn't worth the time and effort, so we went to the desert and had a blast!!!! It was awesome growing up in an offroad family and I'll try and keep that going in my family.
Unfortunately, taking the desert away is currently on the list.:(

I hope Greyson can say the same thing you just did. Kinda sad huh? Imagine not being able to do things like the Hammers or a good race weekend at Cal City.

It's cool your mom and dad made that commitment to you and you're continuing the legacy. We need more Americans to do this so we don't forget and don't lose what is rightfully ours!:cool:

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
That's how it was around my Hood and Ive been going to Glamis for 25years now and remember it for what it was back then and now I don't care to go back as much as I used to, hell 95% of the people on this Forum were in Diapers when I was Running around Glamis in its Prime. Shit most people around here never saw Comp Hill live on a Thanksgiving night in full party mode. I have taken my Kids there and had some Great Family Time but the Anti Family Democrats want it all shut down so I guess at this point I don't even care anymore and were going Offroading in different places now. So be it. It was fun while it lasted. P:(arty is almost over Move along.

sully427

Red Rider - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
I love this vid, I watch it every morning to start my day
kinda wanna build one with better cage thou

Rokitman

UTVUnderground La Familia
Mar 11, 2013
Nipomo, CA
Oh yea Garret, I remember the days of Devil's slide and staging at Oso Flaco Lake, then riding south almost to Pt Sal. Over 100 sq miles to ride in but now only 5. Yea those days are gone!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000