No Racing for the Recalled

nobull

Jul 12, 2013
Are the Racing Series around the U.S., gonna allow the recalled to race? Since the "No Ride" is in effect, until the recalls are done. What are they gonna allow? or not? our Local Series is following Polaris's rules. No Ride period, until cleared through Polaris's recall network

Team Green

Reid Nordin - UTVUnderground Approved
Jun 30, 2009
Riverside, CA
www.WalkerEvansEnt.com
I think it will be up to each individual promoter but I can only assume that there will be some assumed responsibility / risk to both the owner and the promoter by going against this "do not ride" notice.

I noticed that in Australia they cancelled an event out of safety for their entrants.

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
I dont see it being a problem in BITD. We are required to use fuel cells so there is no OEM plumbing left.

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
I can't imagine that being the case for most series...very few vehicles are stock anyway.

Are you even required to have a Vin# on your race vehicle? without a vin# it would be impossible to trace anyway.

I could see it being an issue maybe in something like WORCS with the stock class but that would be about it.

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
It's freakin racing, why all the BS? Too much nanny shit IMHO. Just like the damn government. "Well, the fuel cell didn't fail, but he succumbed to the 14.5 barrel rolls and the side impact from 2 other contestants. I guess we shouldn't have let him race..." Get outta here!

crazywatson

#13 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
It's not just a recall for the fuel system. They are recalling for the voltage regulators catching fire and the fuse box needs to be sealed and ecu flashed.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

RWTDCT

Its an RZR Thing - La Familia
Jun 13, 2013
Central Coast, Ca. (Paso)
I can't imagine that being the case for most series...very few vehicles are stock anyway.

Are you even required to have a Vin# on your race vehicle? without a vin# it would be impossible to trace anyway.

I could see it being an issue maybe in something like WORCS with the stock class but that would be about it.
X2

Rynomx785

Jun 21, 2015
Wickenburg, AZ
They were getting so hot they were melting through the plastic.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
I noticed that my recall notice said that it was a fire hazard. I assumed they were replacing it because it was problematic but I guess Polaris wouldn't do it unless it was safety related seeing as they won't fix my obnoxious front diff.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000