Ocotillo Wells - Overnight in the Badlands April 18,19,20

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
We're going to do an overnight camping trip in the Badlands Easter weekend. April 18,19,20

We'll stage from our house at S22 and tent camp out there after spending some time krawling some fun trails we know.

You'll need to bring everything you need on your SxS to camp overnight.

Doing this in preparattion for some expedition type trips this summer.

All are welcome.

1. J&M
2. Govacho

Last edited:

Cisco Kid

Puro Corazon - UTVUnderground La Famila
Apr 17, 2009
How about a list of items that each one can take, not to double up ;-)

GOVACHO

Nov 8, 2011
Riverssippi
Sounds like fun.. Need some more info.. Whats needed as far as gas sleeping bag, tent, ice chest, food, water, gun, ammo, fire wood, anything else ?

How long of a ride is the day going to be ? miles that is.

XPirate

Sep 9, 2011
Bakertucky
Govacho, this one is longer than 300 yds, so its an easy decision onwhich rzr to bring ;) guns=entire arsenal, fuel~ enough to cruise, burn whats left, food/ water/ beer...well, we're kinda on the not skinny side, so... :) love ya buddy... if Malarie gets weekends off starting in april we will make every effort to be there :)

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
Sounds like fun.. Need some more info.. Whats needed as far as gas sleeping bag, tent, ice chest, food, water, gun, ammo, fire wood, anything else ?

How long of a ride is the day going to be ? miles that is.
You will need to bring the things you need for camping. It should be warm but we're bringing a tent anyway. As we see who is coming, we'll try and consolodate things so we don't all bring the same things that are common. ie stove, pots and pans, etc.

The ride is probably not more than 10 miles or so and we won't be more than a few miles from the house at the camp. We'll be doing mostly canyons and krawly kind of stuff. Level of difficulty will depend on who shows up. There is not a super easy way to get to the spot we have in mind so street vehicles won't make it. It's highly unlikely we'll see any rangers so if you want to shoot it should be fine but park rules say it's not allowed. People do however shoot out there and don't have problems. I will be bringing at least one toy to plink with.

We scouted locations last weekend and found some cool places with reasonable shelter from the wind if it comes up. There's also good cell coverage at camp. 4G on Verizon.

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
We're doing this as a test run to learn what we need and don't need for some future trips. Good thing is, that if it all goes to hell, we can be back at the comfort of the house within an hour. Plenty of room there and hot showers when we get back.

GOVACHO

Nov 8, 2011
Riverssippi
Sounds like fun. Looking forward to it. So for it being just a turn around trip then I can pack lite. Count me in JAM.

Garrett, I know the rocket will not make the trip, but the Blue Pearl will do just fine. I just got her a check up and she is doing great.. The noise I was hearing is just the clutch doing what it does as it breaks in..

dunerat

Jun 16, 2012
Simi Valley, CA
Man this sounds like so much fun. Unfortunately we are taking the kids camping at a KOA in Ventura that weekend. Have fun and be safe and hopefully we can make the next one

dev's rzr

Jan 7, 2011
glandora ca
Man this sounds like so much fun. Unfortunately we are camping at Glamis that weekend. Have fun and be safe and hopefully we can make the next one

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000