Octane Racing's RZR XP 1000

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
Current status:

I started the build on our XP 1000 over the weekend. It's not going to be over the top like our center seat XP 900, but it will still have the same basic cage design as well as attempting to maintain fairly low weight.

Here are a few photos:

Unfortunately, due to some parts not coming in, in time for a previous race, I had to break this car out early and put it in a race (UTV Rally Raid Round 10).

This was turn 1:

This was after turn 1:

I REALLY hate putting a brand new car in the mud. They're never the same after that.

Teardown:

Door Bars Mocked

Now, I can create the template for the window nets and send it off to http://www.prpseats.com.

Update 23Feb13

Good progress this weekend.

Update 24Mar14

Front splitters tie into the OEM chassis and are removable for easy cleaning and electrical maintenance.

Update 2Apr14

Time for some doors.

Inner fenders and bed cover.

Update 16APR14

The lights are from KC HiLITES and are amazingly bright.

Battery tray

Wiring box

Radio/intercom bracket

Last edited:

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
Front light bracket - holds two KC HiLITES, siren and siren controller

Race cars don't have cup holders

Auxiliary fuel cell (18 gallons when using both auxiliary and stock cell)

Perfect fit custom nets by PRP

Glamour shots

RzrRacer07

Jun 17, 2014
Nebo, NC
Have you done anything different with your exhaust or motor? I'm sponsored by Yoshimura and I want their exhaust but my dad is saying that it won't help any and it might make the pistons too hot. Have you had any issues before?

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
Have you done anything different with your exhaust or motor? I'm sponsored by Yoshimura and I want their exhaust but my dad is saying that it won't help any and it might make the pistons too hot. Have you had any issues before?
Stock motor. Yoshimura RS-4.

The RS-4 will definitely help, but you would need to have everything else constant (clutch, traction, etc.) to notice a difference. The sound is great and you can't beat the quality/longevity of a Yosh stainless system.

If you're sponsored by Yosh, you should be running their exhaust already.

RzrRacer07

Jun 17, 2014
Nebo, NC
We don't really understand what constant means because we're not very educated about that kinda stuff.

We're also a little tight on money so we haven't jumped on getting an exhaust yet. It's really hard to talk a man with sensitive ears into getting an exhaust haha.

Thanks

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
We don't really understand what constant means because we're not very educated about that kinda stuff.

We're also a little tight on money so we haven't jumped on getting an exhaust yet. It's really hard to talk a man with sensitive ears into getting an exhaust haha.

Thanks
I understand. Good luck with it. If you get the RS-4, you'll love it. The sound and build quality is second to none.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000