Official "Thread" for the DWT PURE "250" Presented by SXSPerformance.com --

lucho

Sep 28, 2010
The next event in the PURE SXS Series is September 27-29, 2013 - A 250-mile race, romping the deserts of Cal-City. Stay tuned for major announcements...you're going to love them.

AVE

Brian B

Red Rotax - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Guys! Dont overlook this series! Its well managed, great terrain, and good all around fun. Did I mention its only UTV's?!?

I'll be there!

Mar 27, 2012
Looking forward to another fun race with great people. If you have ever wondered what desert racing was like this is a perfect opportunity.

10-04 Racing

Jan 18, 2013
Mammoth Lakes, CA
www.facebook.com
Would my Lucas Oil Regional RZR XP 900 be legal also for this series? I have desired to give desert racing a try and have kept an eye on this series and I'm very interested in running this round. One item specifically I am curious is would I be able to use my 5 watt handheld radio that I use for shortcourse or would I have to upgrade to a 50 watt unit?

shrive81

Jan 9, 2013
10-40 hey I believe your car would work fine the big thing is window nets and safety gear... They just want to make sure your safe above all else... As for your 5w radio you can easily use that u just won't get as much range you can wire in a roof antenna to it so it gets a little better range.,, rugged radios is usually there and they can help
U out with all the cables and antennas u need... Trust me u will love it it is more then worth it!!!

lucho

Sep 28, 2010
Would my Lucas Oil Regional RZR XP 900 be legal also for this series? I have desired to give desert racing a try and have kept an eye on this series and I'm very interested in running this round. One item specifically I am curious is would I be able to use my 5 watt handheld radio that I use for shortcourse or would I have to upgrade to a 50 watt unit?
While radios are NOT mandatory, we strongly suggest you use one. The handhelds are only 5 watts so they are limited as far as range. So down the line you may want to invest on a "mobile" unit of 50 watts and up. However, we also encourage racers to carry their cell telephone in addition to a radio, in the event you can't reach us via radio. Most servers work with our Verizon numbers.

Lou

lucho

Sep 28, 2010
This weekend I went around the tentative course for the P250 and I have to tell you, it's awesome! Parts of it is like racing from Ojos Negros, through Tres Hermanos and up to the bottom of the Summit down in Baja.
Don't be misled by the fact that it looks like a straight shot in several sections. They are anything but, with lots of terrain change; sand, whoops, silt, etc.
We had major rains last Sunday and the terrain has changed dramatically. On certain sections where there were "whoops" it is now flat as a pancake but it's all on top. Other section have deep crevices where the water ran rampid. This is our best course so far this year. You're going to have fun.

Too bad HDRA moved their race in Moab from the week before to our weekend. We might lose some drivers.
Regardless, if you want to have the best time, you've go to make this one!

Saturday Sept 28 - 9 a.m. Qualifying for starting positions Top Qualifier Award given at Driver's meeting 1 p.m.
Race starts 2 p.m. but bring lights.
6 Laps for everyone, 4 Laps for Bone Stock.
Free parking to entrants and crew all weekend.
Pre-running Friday, Sep. 27, Noon till Midnight
Official course map and Google Course downloads will be provided to entrants only who have paid.
A Note of warning: Please do not pre-run before the official date. We are trying to do our part in conserving the desert, leaving as little impact as possible and we need your help. For most of you, this course will be like you've never ran it before. In fact, most of this course is new or has not been used by us for at least a year.
Bring a "brand new" racer and entry (who has never raced with us before) and you and the racer get $50 off entry.
Awards 10 a.m. Sunday, location TBA.
Go to:
www.averacing.com

AVE

####

Attachments

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Lou, I doubt you loose may drivers to HDRA....there has only been about 4 UTV's in attendence at those races. So all in all Id bank on a normal turn out for your event! Keep it up!!:D

lucho

Sep 28, 2010
HEY, come and see us at Building #10 - Booth 104 of the Sand Sports Super Show at the Orange County Fairgrounds and Convention, the weekend of September 20-22. We'll be there ready to answer any questions about our PURE Side-X-Side Series, our next event, the DWT PURE "250" Sept 27-29, Presented by SXSPerformance.com then the PURE "400" Will Higgenbotham Memorial Race, then, after 27 Years the return of the Cal-City Gran Prix, December 20-22, check out our 2014 SXS Event Calendar, and then fill out a card for the drawing of a FREE ENTRY TO THE 2014 SXS SERIES events!

Are we going nuts? Lois says we are. However, we will also be drawing for free T-shirts and "blowing out" (at $5.00 ea.) some of our Classic T's from previous years as well as FREE ENTRIES for the Cal-City GP, and Videos, videos and more action videos.

Remember, check us out at BOOTH #104!

Got to: www.averacing.com for more details and links to the Super Show.

####

Last edited:

lucho

Sep 28, 2010
For immediate press release…

SOMETHING WICKED IS COMINTG!

California City, CA – September 13, 2013 – Just got word that the first of the brand new Polaris RAZOR XP1000cc will be making its debut at the upcoming DWT PURE “250â€, Presented by SXSPerformance.com.
As far as we know this will be the first off-road desert event that the newest model from the Polaris stable will be attempting the 250-trek through the deserts of California City.

Ron Harvill, along with partners Wendi Van Muijen and Allen Jones of www.wickedsxs.com recently purchased the new Polaris model in Northern California (there were none near their home is So-Cal and they were anxious to get started) and began to fabricate the necessary tubing, cages, safety and structural assets that will be ready-to-go when they participate in the upcoming DWT PURE “250†Presented by SXSPerformance.com, in Cal City.

Although new to the SXS/UTV faction of the off-road sport, they are by no means neophytes--all three having been raised around the deserts of Southern California riding bikes, ATVs, sand rails and off-road cars. However, their latest passion is seeing what they can do with the development of the Side-X-Sides. They have already begun safety modifications to the XP1000 in anticipation of their first SXS event.

Team Wickedsxs.com plans to field two entries at the upcoming PURE “250†with their highly modified XP900 and their XP1000 competing in the Production 1000cc Class. Go to their page: www.wickedsxs.com

This is the fourth event in the five-event 2013 PURE SXS OFF ROAD SERIES and a good way to “shake†both cars before the 2014 PURE season gets underway next February. They also plan an assault in several of the other series including the upcoming California City Gran Prix, December 20-22, 2013 and in 2014.

For more details regarding the PURE 2013 and the 2014 series, please visit: www.averacing.com. You can also contact AVE at [email protected] or call 760.373.8227 / 661.524.1550.

Attachments

Goodtimes

Jan 17, 2009
Ramona
This looks and sounds like a great series, I need to get out to some. , Jeff and Levi keep me posted good luck to guys !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000