Official "Thread" for the DWT PURE "250" Presented by SXSPerformance.com --

SGM4Life

Oct 29, 2009
Valencia,Ca
Also our first Race with our New Build. Excited to be racing with a great organization..
Car looks great. How did it run?
I plan on racing out there next year with my car. It should be a great time. I have a good friend that has been racing in it and said its a blast. :D

aaronjuarez

Aug 2, 2010
Great race. We came prepared and thought we had everything under control and with a 1st position off the line we were excited. The Murrry Racing Can Am Commander was ready to run.
As we were coming to the starting line we were having issues with our GPS and right off the bat we missed the first turn and lost 2 positions. We quickly got back on course and charged back into the race. The course was smooth and fast in some areas and rocking and rough in others.
We lost a tire on the rough section on lap two while giving up a couple more positions but quickly had it changed and back on course. Charging back we picked up a couple of positions and had a driver change and were running good but our GPS just would not run right. We ran 4 more flawless laps and were in good position until it got dark. While running through the dust chairing down the 3 position car we got off course a bit due to GPS not tracking course. Needless to say that wasn't good and we gave up a few more positions. Not sure why the GPS wasn't working but the whole race it was behind us by a quarter mile or so. The Can am must be really fast or the GPS was a bit slow. Lol.
All in all it was a great race and the car held together through all of the course and brought us in at a decent position. This car has been a beast finishing all races we have entered and podium positions on the last 2.
For anyone interested in getting in to desert racing the Pure series is the way to go. Without a doubt you will enjoy these races and the logistics are good.
Looking forward to the next race, the PURE 400 Oct. 26.

aaronjuarez

Aug 2, 2010
It was marked pretty well but when you get out there in the dust and darkness it gets a little tough to navigate. Was a great race though and if anyone is looking to get into racing, this is the series to go to.

lucho

Sep 28, 2010
Ron Harville on the new XP1000 finished 3rd Overall and 2nd in the PRO Production 1000cc Class. I say very good!

1947_LEVI

Jul 31, 2013
San Juan Capistrano CA
Great race. We came prepared and thought we had everything under control and with a 1st position off the line we were excited. The Murrry Racing Can Am Commander was ready to run.
As we were coming to the starting line we were having issues with our GPS and right off the bat we missed the first turn and lost 2 positions. We quickly got back on course and charged back into the race. The course was smooth and fast in some areas and rocking and rough in others.
We lost a tire on the rough section on lap two while giving up a couple more positions but quickly had it changed and back on course. Charging back we picked up a couple of positions and had a driver change and were running good but our GPS just would not run right. We ran 4 more flawless laps and were in good position until it got dark. While running through the dust chairing down the 3 position car we got off course a bit due to GPS not tracking course. Needless to say that wasn't good and we gave up a few more positions. Not sure why the GPS wasn't working but the whole race it was behind us by a quarter mile or so. The Can am must be really fast or the GPS was a bit slow. Lol.
All in all it was a great race and the car held together through all of the course and brought us in at a decent position. This car has been a beast finishing all races we have entered and podium positions on the last 2.
For anyone interested in getting in to desert racing the Pure series is the way to go. Without a doubt you will enjoy these races and the logistics are good.
Looking forward to the next race, the PURE 400 Oct. 26.
I took off right behind you guys and followed you off course to the right. There was ribbons set up over there apparently for the qualifying that didnt happen. I pre-ran the night before and went that way so I thought it was correct because wen ended up back on course. My team was screaming over the radio we were going the wrong way and I was you turned around coming back out. I kept going and tied back into the course. Unfortunately I forgot to tighten up the bolts that hold the clutches when we put them back on before the race so we led for only about 30 miles before giving up five positions or so. My gps was working fine but still had a hard time overshooting some of the 90 degree turns out there where its a rabbit trail off a road but with no arrows. I think Lou does a good job with these races especially considering the entry fees are so cheap but some arrows would be helpful. The overall winners in that stock can-am found there way around with no gps in the car at all.....

Rokitman

UTVUnderground La Familia
Mar 11, 2013
Nipomo, CA
You guys really need to do something different than using Microsoft word document for results. I cant download it!

goMRgo

Jan 17, 2013
Brea, CA
I was the co-dawg for Aaron the first two laps. Very frustrated with the sloooowww GPS that day. We spent a lot of time looking for ribbons once we realized we had a problem. I can't believe the sportsman "bone stock" CanAm Maverick ran without GPS and got the overall. That's amazing!

I took off right behind you guys and followed you off course to the right. There was ribbons set up over there apparently for the qualifying that didnt happen. I pre-ran the night before and went that way so I thought it was correct because wen ended up back on course. My team was screaming over the radio we were going the wrong way and I was you turned around coming back out. I kept going and tied back into the course. Unfortunately I forgot to tighten up the bolts that hold the clutches when we put them back on before the race so we led for only about 30 miles before giving up five positions or so. My gps was working fine but still had a hard time overshooting some of the 90 degree turns out there where its a rabbit trail off a road but with no arrows. I think Lou does a good job with these races especially considering the entry fees are so cheap but some arrows would be helpful. The overall winners in that stock can-am found there way around with no gps in the car at all.....

Brian B

Red Rotax - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
I was the co-dawg for Aaron the first two laps. Very frustrated with the sloooowww GPS that day. We spent a lot of time looking for ribbons once we realized we had a problem. I can't believe the sportsman "bone stock" CanAm Maverick ran without GPS and got the overall. That's amazing!

Thats fascinating. I have a bone to pick with IRC! What was that all about Lou?

lucho

Sep 28, 2010
Thats fascinating. I have a bone to pick with IRC! What was that all about Lou?
Sorry I didn't get to this sooner. IRC wound up being picked up on the I-15 near Victorville and towed back to Irvine. Their tranny let go on their truck.
We were all bummed out. But they will be at the PURE "400" to be sure.

lucho

Sep 28, 2010
You guys really need to do something different than using Microsoft word document for results. I cant download it!
I thought that the MSWORD 93-97 word document would be the easiest to download. Sorry you had problems. Have you tried again?

Lou

Never happy

Jun 25, 2013
I'm not sure how to put this without anybody being offended, but I don't really see the need for a GPS on a 40 loop that you go around 6 times and also get to Prerun as many times as you'd like. I'm a bike guy, been racing desert behind handlebars for quite a few years. i raced mostly hare and hounds and district stuff, no prerunning, no GPS, just chasing ribbons. I've also raced score, bitd and others on a bike and in a 10 car, so I understand the benefits of having one for long distances. I've said this before, I think people depend too much on GPS and spend too little time looking up! Again no offense to anybody just my perspective.... Racing these sxs's are basically like spec class cars the only way to have an advantage is entry and exit speeds in the corners and line selection, I think GPS makes people check up to early for corners(guilty of it myself that's why I know!) there were approx. 10 90deg. Corners on that loop multiply that by 6 think how many seconds you lose over each time you double tap the brakes. Because your co driver calls it out early! I too thought it was amazing that we were that far up with a STOCK can am(btw) we had the least amount of lights also...I do also know that quite a few of the competitors out there have score and bitd legal cars which require major addl. components which make their cars heavier and more complicated than mine! Anyways I'm a firm believer in the K.I.S.S method... Sorry for the rant! See you at the next one!

lucho

Sep 28, 2010
I'm not sure how to put this without anybody being offended, but I don't really see the need for a GPS on a 40 loop that you go around 6 times and also get to Prerun as many times as you'd like. I'm a bike guy, been racing desert behind handlebars for quite a few years. i raced mostly hare and hounds and district stuff, no prerunning, no GPS, just chasing ribbons. I've also raced score, bitd and others on a bike and in a 10 car, so I understand the benefits of having one for long distances. I've said this before, I think people depend too much on GPS and spend too little time looking up! Again no offense to anybody just my perspective.... Racing these sxs's are basically like spec class cars the only way to have an advantage is entry and exit speeds in the corners and line selection, I think GPS makes people check up to early for corners(guilty of it myself that's why I know!) there were approx. 10 90deg. Corners on that loop multiply that by 6 think how many seconds you lose over each time you double tap the brakes. Because your co driver calls it out early! I too thought it was amazing that we were that far up with a STOCK can am(btw) we had the least amount of lights also...I do also know that quite a few of the competitors out there have score and bitd legal cars which require major addl. components which make their cars heavier and more complicated than mine! Anyways I'm a firm believer in the K.I.S.S method... Sorry for the rant! See you at the next one!

"Never Happy" makes sense unless you have a co-dog that's on top of things, knows your rhythm and doesn't cost you split seconds.

Having said that, we don't make mandatory to have a GPS but we strongly suggest it for a number of reasons:
1. Most of our races go into the night. It's good to know you're on the right track even though you see our ribbons and reflective tape.
2. Everyone nowadays has to learn to use a GPS if you are planning to race long distances, either loops or points-to-points. Sure you can do without it but it's really an advantage when ribbons have been destroyed, flown away and arrows and markers obliterated by racers.
4. It's like today, you would not think getting into a race car without a radio. WE used to race only with several stuck-stubs (cards) in our pocket and a few pencils to let our crew know whether we were down or not.

Times, they are chang'n. Besides, who doesn't want try at least once the Baja 1000 race. And there, you need all the advantage you can get.

UtvMilitant

Sep 10, 2013
doesn't seem like a big deal. They're not THAT expensive, and stayin on course in the middle of the night is probably worth the extra money.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000