Official UTVUnderground 2012 WORCS RD2 Primm Pictures & Results !!UPDATED!!

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com

69 UTV's lined up at RD2 of WORCS - R. Vanbeekum / Monster Energy Kawasaki WINS Production1000​

UPDATED: Sunday 2/7/12 10:07 PM PST

UTVUnderground.com wants to thank each and every racer who is out there repping us on their cars! I wish I was there in person but had to get home from Hammers to help my wife with the kids and sick little girl. BIG thank you to Ryan Torres of Ryan Torres Photography for holding us down and getting some sick images for you guys to check out! I was told 69 UTV's were at the start, that in itself was INSANE! I aslo heard the course was GNARLY. Share your stories in this thread. Sorry for accidentally deleting the original. Thats the first time I have ever messed up that bad. hahaha

Show your support to Ryan Torres by visiting his site at Ryan Torres Photography and buying posters and images of you and your UTV's! It helps guys like him with attending the races and providing sites like ours with awesome photos for everyone to see!

Below are the OFFICIAL RESULTS from WORCS. I had a great conversation with Sean Reddish of WORCS tonight about the weekends events! 600+ entries between MX, ATV, and SXS racing, pretty amazing they could pull off what they did.

As for scoring, here is what we discussed. The timing system did fail, it failed due to being overloaded, it could not keep up with the amount of entries and time splits it had to calculate. The ONLY class to be affected by this failure was the Production 1000 class. However, the scoring system was able to calculate the top 5 in Production 1000. From there Sean made a decision that would still award those who did well with their points, and those who didn't do so well still made out. You will notice everyone after 5th place was listed as 6th place. If you did 5 Laps you were awarded 15 points, 4 laps 12 points, and 3 laps were given 7 points. This was the best solution to the only failure they have ever experienced with this system. WORCS is actively looking at a solution to ensure this will never happen again.

Again, thank you to Sean and the entire WORCS staff for putting on such a great event. Despite some normal race criticism the overall response from this event was amazing. If you have concerns over rules Sean encourages you to refer to the WORCS Rule Book: WORCS Rules and Regulations

If you have questions on race-day about your SXS or how the race works then please go to the trailer and ask to speak with Sean or an actual race official. If one person did not answer your question then ask another as not ever person in a WORCS shirt may know how the SXS races work as not all are involved in every aspect of the race itself. Each person there has a job and it may not be involving Tech or Race Related Rules/Organization.

SXS Production 1000 - Class Results
Trackside Online Results Reporting

1 #664 ROBERT VANBEEKUM - KAW
2 #1117 RYAN PIPLIC - POL
3 #1108 PHILLIP MARTIN - POL
4 #1115 JOSH FREDERICK - CA
5 #1105 KEENAN ROGERSON - POL
6 #25 CHRIS HAWKS - OTH
6 #1110 JAMES HILL - POL
6 #1102 BRIT MANSELL - POL
6 #712 TODD SEAVER - POL
6 #1107 BRANDON ALTMANN - POL
6 #1106 CORY DEHOOG - POL
6 #283 SHAWHEEN ABDI - POL
6 #1111 MITCH GUTHRIE JR - POL
6 #55 TIM WYATT - POL
6 #13 NICK DIANI - POL
6 #1148 CRAIG DILLER - CA
6 #1103 SCOTT SANTELLAN - POL
6 #777 JAKE GRECO - POL
6 #654 CHRIS WILLING - POL
6 #1146 RIONOEZ VOSE - POL
6 #641 TAYLOR GEORGE - KAW
6 #1101 JOHN PEZZI - POL
6 #1112 RJ ANDERSON - POL
6 #1100 BEAU BARON - HON
6 #842 D.J. NOERR - POL
6 #1114 JOSH ROW - POL
6 #1116 JEFF VANASDAL - POL
6 #69 RICHIE LAATZ - POL
6 #1118 NICK NELSON - POL
6 #1109 SCOTT KIGER - POL
6 #559 CASEY FILIPPI - POL
6 #268 ANDREW BERRY - POL
6 #1104 BRIAN THOMAS - POL
6 #1149 CASEY HART - POL
6 #17 JOHN PACHECO - YAM
6 #1145 JOHNNY FORD - POL
6 #1147 RUSSELL GRIFFIN - POL
6 #94 TYLER WINDBURY - KAW

SXS Production 850 - Class Results

1 #1055 MATT WHITE - KAW
2 #1054 JOHN MCDONALD - POL
3 #2 DAVID LYTLE - KAW
4 #1051 ALFREDO RAMIREZ - POL
5 #661 KYLE MELVILLE - POL
6 #1056 NIC GRANLUND - YAM
7 #1057 MARK BLAKEY - POL
8 #1053 DAN KELLY - KAW
9 #1152 CHRIS WARD - POL
10 #1059 ROBERT GARNAS - YAM
11 #918 JUSTIN LAMBERT - KAW
12 #71 GARRETT GEORGE - KAW
13 #999 KEN BENSON - POL
14 #291 JAKE MORTON - POL
15 #1058 CRAIG THRESHER - YAM
16 #115 WAYNE TAYLOR - KAW
DNF #922 KEITH VANDERHAM - POL
DNF #1119 JAMES JARAMILLO - POL
DNF #417 NOLAN REMLINGER - KAW
DNS #1153 GEHNA FURRH - POL

SXS Production 700 - Class Results

1 #76 JEREMIAH STAGGS - YAM
2 #12 LUKE ROGERS - YAM
3 #1000 DOUG MITTAG - POL
4 #522 JOHN HAAGSMA - YAM
5 #311 MICHAEL HINCKLEY - YAM
6 #3 KAYLA SMITH - YAM
DNF #1001 MICHAEL GONZALES - YAM
DNF #39 LARRY CARRAHER - YAM
DNF #816 CODE RAHDERS - POL

WORCS Side by Side car counts have increased 3 fold over the past year and this has come with some growing pains. First and foremost I want to take full responsibility for the scoring issues and delays with results reporting. We strive to provide accurate results as a standard and anything less is just not our policy. That is why we delayed the results. There are multiple systems used to score a WORCS race, transponders, manual backups and individual time keeping. Our electronics used to score the race had a non recoverable failure that effected the 4 rows of Production 1000.
The top 5 results were known however beyond that giving absolutes was not possible because of the time separations between the rows. In light of this 6th/15 points were awarded to all racers finishing 5 laps. All racers finishing 4 laps were awarded 12 points. All racers finishing 3 laps were awarded 7 points and all others did not finish enough laps and were given a DNF.

In this scenario all racers were awarded more points than they could have earned and it awards more points to those that completed more laps.

Once again we see the issues and we know what broke. Fixing that is priority number one. As previously posted the next round in Lake Havasu we will have Production 1000 in its own race. A timing solution will be programmed and ready. Thank you for the support of WORCS and our efforts to provide you a cost effective and fun racing program.

Sean Reddish
Off Road Sports llc.
WORCS RACING

Last edited:

rappy60guy

Jan 24, 2010
Re: Official UTVUnderground 2012 WORCS RD2 Primm Pictures & Results

ha ha smooth move joey!! lol

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com

Ok, let me re-state some of the things I have been told in speaking with numerous Teams and Racers today....

As of right now I have only heard of one confirmed winner and that is from a person who is still at the track (Sunday) and was told by an official that Bobby Vanbeekum won the Production 1000 class in his Monster Energy Kawasaki Teryx

Lots of racers felt the course had WAY too many UTV's on it at once and was way too rough. Trophy Truck size whoops that were absolutley killing the UTV's. Very hard to "race" on not to mention too many slow cars once again not moving over or getting out of the way for faster traffic. Lots of follow the leader.

Tons of carnage. One racer told me they will race one more round but if the course and car counts remain the same in terms of cars on track at once they will probably pull out of the series. They feel they are spending too much to prep and race a car only to have to kill it to try and pass people who won't move. At the same time they are jeopardizing their safety worrying they will be smashed into.

I heard there was a lot of bumping and unnecessary smashing going on?

I was told that Trevor Smith protested RD1 winner Luke Rodgers for having a "cheater" motor. Trevor put up $200.00 and Luke had to have his engine pulled apart only to vindicate himself and prove he was legal. He was then left with a torn apart engine and $200.00 that won't cover the cost to putting it back together. He is frustrated to say the least. I was told that WORCS will be making the protest fee now $400.00 or $500.00.

I was told numerous times, no room to pass

All racers told me they are still coming back, they just hope things get better.

I will share more as I talk to more racers. My focus now is to get those results for everyone.

Last edited:

rappy60guy

Jan 24, 2010

In regaurds to results i was told this am from worcs trailer that the transponder system crashed and they were reviewing video tapes to get results.

The track was brutal. Not alot of room to pass but there were areas you just had to be patient and wait for them. The ruts were and whoops were super deep.

Hope we get some results today.

rappy60guy

Jan 24, 2010

Also too bad for luke to have to go to that trouble. I didnt know worcs had these rules. Guess its time to start reading

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com

Some other news I have gathered.

Garret George was T-Boned so hard it snapped a ball joint in his Teryx and also caused him to slam his finger/hand so hard it broke it. He spent the night in a hospital and will require surgery.

Code Rahders T-Boned a spun out car in front of him jamming his bumper into his Polaris RZR570 radiator losing all coolant and overheating the engine forcing him to pull off after only 2 laps.

One racer is confused about the radios rule. Are you allowed to use Radios or Not? This same racer also stated he saw numerous UTV's without the required safety mods to pass tech such as roof, window nets, etc but still racing?

I was told that the transponders went down and WORCS did not have a secondary timing procedure in place. However I was told they did require large 10" numbers which to me means they would have had to of been doing visuals?

waytay

Get Outta MY Waytay - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009

My thoughts as a short timer out there. Their was plenty of room to pass, if you have to wait a moment to make the pass oh well. The lucas part of the track is wide enough for 4 cars. Also in heavy whoops it is hard to see in your mirror at times, so be patient every one is in the same boat. Where does it say in racing your supposed to just move over for someone. If you cant make the pass its your problem.I think the biggest problem was the dust on the lucas track. The rest was just racing

It did not seem disorganized to me, can their always be changes yes!

I personally think a smaller loop with just the cars in your class would be more fun and then the faster guys would not have to whine about driving with slower cars.

poolguy311

Sep 19, 2011
Landscatter,CA
Don't do it. Hey Joey also I was thinking about talking to WORCS about the contesting rules. A good friend of mine, Luke Rodgers got contested by Trevor at 747 ink. It is only 200 dollars. That wouldn't even cover the cost of the labor, not to mention the parts. They should increase it to at least 500$ for the UTV'S. 200 dollars is ok for a motorcycle that just requires removing the gas tank and seat and four bolts. Any thoughts?

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

poolguy311

Sep 19, 2011
Landscatter,CA
By the way. The track was brutal. Even when you tried to pass, it was almost impossible. Slower people would not let you pass. They also should have watered the track the dust was insane. I slowed down several times just so I wouldn't t-bone anyone else. I blew two tires and still managed to drive the last 2 laps to the finish. Beat the hell out of my car. They need to prep these tracks for UTVs. Just my 2 cents!

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com

Where does it say in racing your supposed to just move over for someone. If you cant make the pass its your problem.
I don't know what WORCS says but I do know in desert racing they make it very clear to move over for faster vehicles. It becomes a safety issue. As the slower vehicle block the track it forces the faster cars to make hairy decisions putting racers at risk. I personally agree, there is always a way around. I am also a fan of nerfing. You touch the guy in front to let him know you are there. If he doesn't pull over in a safe spot to let the faster guy by then you take him for a ride and make him move. lol BUT, I know a lot of guys don't like to be MOVED... hahahahaha

Reality is with darn near 70 cars on the course there is going to be lots of lap traffic. This adds a really interesting dynamic to the race. Some guys get frustrated that while leaders in their class are pulling away they are stuck in trafic. Reality is as you come up on lap traffic the leaders have to deal with it just the same so in reality it is still fair. I do think it makes for a better race in class if you can be on the track with only your class. Its like putting 250's and 450's on the track at the same time in a SX race. Sean said if racers want to put up another few bucks for entry he would split the class. I know regardless he is splitting classes for Havasu.

I am still blown away at how many cars showed up!! So bad ass!!! I love WORCS!!!!

OFFROADSWAPMEET

Aug 5, 2009
TEMECULA

Things have always been perfect at the WORCS series and now with this many cars there's a issue. They have been in the mud and even there trailer burnt down and still made it happen. WORCS is the number 1 place to race your UTV.

They need to just let class 1 race there own heat and class 2&3 can race together.

poolguy311

Sep 19, 2011
Landscatter,CA
Nobody is saying you should just move over, but they were people driving completely out of control just to stay in front of you, one person from class 2 almost flipped tryin to stay in front of me causing me to swerve out of the way causing me to blow two right side tires. They should keep the track the same length for everyone. I'm in class 3 and we drive just as hard as the guys in class 1. I passed several class 2 cars and.class 1.

poolguy311

Sep 19, 2011
Landscatter,CA
I'm sure they are trying hard, but it is still a business and they are making money.This is the 2nd race this year that their transponders failed. Now no one will have their lap times or REAL race results. With that being said I still very much appreciate the time and effort from the WORCS people for giving us UTV drivers and spectators a venue, but they need some serious improvements. I'm confident they'll get there.

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix

IMHO, there needs to be a serious drivers meeting instead of a half ass one on the starting line with racers having their helmets.on and not being.able to hear anything

waytay

Get Outta MY Waytay - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009

All good points! If I knew someone was behind me I moved over! Twice I had cars come by me and did not know they were there. I agree Joey on the safety thing I would never intentionally not move over if I knew a faster car was behind me. However with that being said, I was not a fast guy But I was able to pass cars when I needed to. With it being so rough everyone of them made a mistake and the door was left open. I had two cars go sideways in front of me, made it thru luckily I guess.

To have the car count jump so much I am sure was a stress on worcs!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000