Official UTVUnderground 2012 WORCS RD2 Primm Pictures & Results !!UPDATED!!

waytay

Get Outta MY Waytay - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Re: Official UTVUnderground 2012 WORCS RD2 Primm Pictures & Results

IMHO, there needs to be a serious drivers meeting instead of a half ass one on the starting line with racers having their helmets.on and not being.able to hear anything
Agreed! Most racing bodies go over what is expected. " have at it boys"

Wyatt

Jan 17, 2011

I Like the Idea of a drivers meeting and make it mandatory! or you start in the back.

We travel over 2000 miles for every race and we do this because Worcs is the best series out there. There is room for improvement and growth in everything.
We will be back for sure.

Mitch G

2009-2010-2012 King Of The Hammers UTV winner
Feb 14, 2010

I agree about the drivers meeting. They also should enforce there rules! I see cages that are 4 point not 6, No amber lights, no window nets, no aluminum protection above there heads, no doors etc... etc.... also they should parade lap throught the pits so everyone knows where they are. ( I also dont see how it is possible to get the scoring correct after the last round if the transponders werent working ) I saw many people broke on the track not completing all the laps yet to wait to the end and drive over the finish line.

MAGNUM OFFROAD

Official UTVUnderground Sponsor & Founder

WORCS Round 2 in the books!!!:D

Magnum Offroad team driver Luke Rogers taking the back-to-back WIN in the Production 700 Class! Luke took the checkers in his Magnum Built car, and then jumped in his truck and sped the 3+ hours home just in time to witness the birth of his first son Gage. Congratulations on both fronts Luke!!!

We worked real hard to get the car and suspension dialed for the rough course and it paid off. Lot's of great people out there racing, and unfortunately a few not so professional ones as well. We found it strange that out of the entire car count, only our car was protested. Mr. 747 Ink himself was sold on the fact that there must be some kind of "magic fairy dust" contained in our car, but as he spent $200 to find out it was nothing more than a well skilled driver and a solid built machine. Sorry to disappoint you Trevor.

And although I am a HUGE fan of the WORCS series, my only 2 complaints were these. The first was the fact that it only cost Trevor $200 to protest our car. The car was disassembled by the WORCS tech's, all of the components were removed and placed on the floorboards full of dirt, and the vehicle was left disassembled and Trevor walked off smirking and making rude comments to my team. $200 will not cover the parts or labor to reinstall everything, and all in all it was IMO not fair at that price. I know it is part of racing, and I am glad to see that after yesterday's 747 shenanigans the policy has been changed.

And the second was the fact that there was alot of intentional contact going on. Kayla Smith forgot that she wasn't in a bumper car, and made a point to play smash and bash around the course as she struggled for position. I am very aware that "Rubbin Is Racin", and am all for it when it can't be avoided and is unintentional. But WORCS is not SCORE (nerffing), and drivers safety should be the top priority! That along with the fact that we all spend alot of time and money preparing our cars for each round. There was plenty of places to pass, and being courteous to lap traffic shows your integrity as a racer and driver. Just sayin.

We would like to wish Garret George a speedy recovery! Get well soon Garret!!

With that being said, we are looking forward to Round 3 and hope to see even bigger car counts and more great racing! Thanks WORCS staff for another great round!

TurnKey UTV

Official UTVUnderground Sponsor
Oct 22, 2010

Great pics Joey.

El Kido

Aug 29, 2011
Corona, CA

I wana say I enjoyed it very much but there were a few concerns. Organization was lacking compared to the other races but im sure having mx/atv the same day really screwed it up.

luckily if i wasnt battling a driver, the slower riders would move over for me WHEN THEY HAD A SAFE SPOT and that was all i asked for. I guess i got lucky.

One thing that bugged me the most was trash on the track. At the end of the race i noticed a metal wire stuck in my rear tire that cut my CV boot open.

and the pole in the mddle of the ground? every time i passed it i cringed.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com

All good stuff!! I think WORCS will get the growing pains dialed in and worked out. No better SERIES to race at a minimal cost! I think they could use some volunteers to work as track officials and sweepers. Sounds to me like WORCS needs a few more eyeballs on the track during the race and could use a few more hands in making sure everyones concerns are heard.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com

I wana say I enjoyed it very much but there were a few concerns. Organization was lacking compared to the other races but im sure having mx/atv the same day really screwed it up.

luckily if i wasnt battling a driver, the slower riders would move over for me WHEN THEY HAD A SAFE SPOT and that was all i asked for. I guess i got lucky.

One thing that bugged me the most was trash on the track. At the end of the race i noticed a metal wire stuck in my rear tire that cut my CV boot open.

and the pole in the mddle of the ground? every time i passed it i cringed.

hahahahaha.....

rappy60guy

Jan 24, 2010

All good stuff!! I think WORCS will get the growing pains dialed in and worked out. No better SERIES to race at a minimal cost! I think they could use some volunteers to work as track officials and sweepers. Sounds to me like WORCS needs a few more eyeballs on the track during the race and could use a few more hands in making sure everyones concerns are heard.
I agree 100 percent Joey. They will grow just as the sxs classes have from last year. According to the talk around the track the extra eyes on the track would be great also. Its been overheard and seen that people were cutting course.

rappy60guy

Jan 24, 2010

And shaw that post in the middle of the race track made me wonder WTF ? That was pretty unsafe

poolguy311

Sep 19, 2011
Landscatter,CA
That wasn't the only thing on the track. There was a Hugh pile of trash and debris toward the end of the track. I almost drove into it.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

dezerteryx

Jun 13, 2010
san marcos

i think what everyone needs to realize is that the average WORCS race is around 30-40 cars so when the field doubles to 70 cars its going to be crazy, and most every is a novice weekend racer except for a select few. in these kinds of racing bumping and sliding into each other in corners and getting crazy is all a part of it, if you don't like it don't race or build a beefy front bump and start bump passing. yes things will have to change in regards to better driver meeting and probably separating the classes will help a lot with the larger turnouts but i highly dought a 70 car field was expected so trying to make everyone happy is not going to happen.

lmcarraher

White Knuckled - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 19, 2011
apple valley ca. 92307

View attachment 6814

View attachment 6815

View attachment 6818

View attachment 6819

I JUST WANT TO THANK ALBA NATE AND RICHIE FROM ALBA RACING , I BLEW A HEAD GASKET FRIDAY EVENING THE NIGHT BEFORE THE RACE DOING SOME LAST MINUTE TESTING SO I CALLED NATE ABVOUT 4:30 PM AND HE TOLD ME TO GET TO THE RACE AND HE WOULD LODE UP EVERY THING NEEDED TO FIX IT AT THE TRACK , I ARRIVED AT PRIMM AROUND 10:30 AM SATURDAY AND ABOUT 10 MINUTES LATER NATE AND RICHI SHOW UP AND BEGAN TEARING INTO MY MOTOR AND REPLACING MY GASKET AND HAVING IT ALL BUTTONED UP WITH LOTS OF TIME TO SPARE .
JUST GO'S TO SHOW HOW DEDICATED TEAM ALBA RACING IS WHEN THEY SAY THEY GOT YOUR BACK YOU KNOW THEY REALLY DO 110% THANX GUYS YOU TOTALY ROCK.

I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO THANK JIMBO FROM FU2 CHASSIS FOR STOPPING EVERY THING HE WAS DOING FRIDAY AND HELPING ME PIECE MY RHINO TOGETHER AND KEEPING ME SAIN WHEN I WAS IN A MAD PANIC TRYING TO GET TO THIS RACE , AND FOR COMING AND RESCUING ME WHEN I BROKE AND GETTING MY RHINO LOFF THE TRACK AND BACK TO CAMP .. THANX JIMBO , YOU TO ROCK.........

WE GOT A GREAT START I SCORED MY FIRST HOLE SHOT WICH I AM STILL STOKED ABOUT..LOL LEAD THE FIRST LAP AND THEN GOT TANGLED UP WITH THE 1000 CAR ON THE LUCAS TRACK AND SNAPPED MY DRIVERS REAR CV SHAFT AND LOST MY REAR WHEEL AND BROKE MY CALIPER ,ROTER AND SPINDLE. WICH ENDED THE RACE FOR ME.
SEE EVERYONE AT ROUND 3 HAVASU.

PS. ANY ONE HAVE A REAR (R) OUTER CV ,CALIPER,ROTER,AND SPINDLE THEY WANT TO SALE? SO I CAN MAKE IT TO THE ADELANTO GP THIS COMING WEEKEND

Attachments

Last edited:

karter44

2013 WORCS 850 CHAMPION
May 9, 2010

I agree about the drivers meeting. They also should enforce there rules! I see cages that are 4 point not 6, No amber lights, no window nets, no aluminum protection above there heads, no doors etc... etc.... also they should parade lap throught the pits so everyone knows where they are. ( I also dont see how it is possible to get the scoring correct after the last round if the transponders werent working ) I saw many people broke on the track not completing all the laps yet to wait to the end and drive over the finish line.
Using video of the finish line for the last lap does not tell you that they completed all the laps!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000