OW - New Years

TNT

Banned Por Vida
Nov 23, 2011
So Cal
First off thanks again for the invite, had a great time w/ nice peeps. Here are some pics I took, Jane has more I’ll post once she emails them to me. I like the one of George glad he didn’t make it I was right behind him. :D

Sorry to hear about your wheel Bob. Similar thing happen to me coming down a mountain from Boone, NC. Bearing failed whole hub/brakes/wheel flew off lots of damage, didn’t even know it until someone drove up to my window to tell me. Glad it didn’t hurt anyone. Now I pack my bearing’s annually and check my wheel lugs before every trip. I was out over night waiting for parts; now carry an xtra hub/brake kit since I load close to my axle rating @ 18K. They also sell a cheaper limp home hub assy (no brakes) for DIY roadside, beats loosing a day of work. What really suck are the axle threads stripping, mine were damaged but we were able to run a tap over them to clean them up or else new axle.

Dudeonit

Chino's Finest - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Dec 10, 2010
Chino, CA
Hi Everyone from Chino!!! We made it just fine after installing new studs, lugs, spare. Could not find the tire/wheel assembly after two searches. Removed rear stairs. Tidied up the skirt.
The weird part of this is I always check my nuts prior to every trip and did so this time also. The other three wheels were still tight. I think we hit something really hard and the front one didn't snap but the rear did. Luckily I am having disc brakes installed so if any other studs are stressed they should be gone before the next trip.

Anyhow, we are glad to be home safe and we were in the slow lane and didn't take anyone else out. AAA is already handling the claim. A guy named John who works for a local tow company and has his own mobile repair service stopped right after we did and he's the one that hooked me up with changing out the parts and getting new ones(Big Tex).

I have his # if anyone gets stranded out there. He's local in Whitewater and is a great guy.

Thanks for a great w/e with great people. I am real tired right now but I will get some video, pics up in the next couple of days. And thanks for the call Rich. Good to hear your voice bud.

I'm really bad about exchanging phone #'s.

My # is 909-227-2428.

Johns is 909-786-5068

Dudeonit

Chino's Finest - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Dec 10, 2010
Chino, CA
Bob and Linda, I am so sorry I just got you message on my phone an hour ago! Breven still have the flat bed hooked up and yes we could have if Sprint would ring or send me the messages on time! :mad: Anyway all my friends are welcome to call anytime they need our help! ;)
Thanks PB!! No Biggie.

RZRluvr

La Familia Baby!
Feb 21, 2011
Anaheim,CA
First off I wanna thank Jim & Melissa for putting together such a wonderful week! It was for sure the best New Year's ever! Having old friends, new friends and loved ones together for the Holiday was priceless:)We missed the group of Familia members that were in Jawbone and toasted them at Midnight:) Maybe next year we can all be together. Kathy and I love you all and Thanks again for everything!
Here are a few pics I took of Jimmy working some magic on a canyon we went up and had to turn around on that was pretty much a single track:eek:

Reactions: 1 person

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
Thanks for the pix George. We had a great week and thanks to all for hanging out.

We love our desert family and couldn't think of any place better to ring in the New Year than with you guys........:cool:

Soboba in 2 weeks then the big event "KOH 2012"

Well, maybe sneek a weekend in before then.......

DUNE DUMMY 29

OG Sticker Man - UTVUnderground La Familia
Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com
THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE GREAT PIX. WE HAD SUCH A GOOD TIME. EVERYONE'S GENEROSITY WAS AWESOME. SORRY BOB YOU & LINDA HAD PROBLEMS & THANK YOU FOR THE TASTY BURGERS.
JIM'S CAR WAS AMAZING TO WATCH GETTING OUT OF THAT NARROW CANYON. THANK'S JIM & GEORGE FOR HELPING US TURN AROUND. JUST SAY NO TO GLOVES COVERING INTAKE. I CHANGED TO A STOCK GAS CAP & NO MORE GAS RUNNING OUT. LA FAMILIA ROCKS.

steino411

American Pride
Jan 3, 2011
San Diego
First off I wanna thank Jim & Melissa for putting together such a wonderful week! It was for sure the best New Year's ever! Having old friends, new friends and loved ones together for the Holiday was priceless:)We missed the group of Familia members that were in Jawbone and toasted them at Midnight:) Maybe next year we can all be together. Kathy and I love you all and Thanks again for everything!
Here are a few pics I took of Jimmy working some magic on a canyon we went up and had to turn around on that was pretty much a single track:eek:

Cool Pics!! That is my favorite kind of ridin :D

Deb&Roy

UTVUnderground La Familia
Nov 27, 2011
Love all the pics Papa Bear - thanks so much for an incredible weekend with awesome new friends!!! We are so happy to be apart of your group now! Looking forward to tons of more fun rides, camping and potlucks! Deb

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000