Parking Break, just remember

Class51600

Familia 1st - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Oct 22, 2010
Murrieta, CA
George (AKA Jorge) I just remember I was wanted to ask you if you could please provide dimensions the parking break you showed us on the last ride.

Thank you.

Class51600

Familia 1st - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Oct 22, 2010
Murrieta, CA
Ernesto, go out and depress your brake peddle and mark a short piece of PVC, then add one male and one female (Threaded Coupling) in the middle for expansion and you go it! The actual length may vary:D
Yea I kind of though to that, but I wanted to post on it to let all those that have not heard about it. Thanks Papa.

TNT

Banned Por Vida
Nov 23, 2011
So Cal
From what I understand XP900 has a park brake pawl gear does the 800 4, no brake wear. Most autos have them but ppl never set them right to avoid tranny gear wear probably why Popo left it off. Pick your poison or this one looks pretty sweet! Mine works fine except getting out of park gear on a hill, hopefully they made it out of some strong stainless steel like nitronic 60 bar since it is an “all new tranny”.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRv1U16e_ZQ"]Extreme Metal Products RZR parking brake - YouTube[/ame]

66cummins

moab junkie
Dec 4, 2009
Alls good on flat ground but on a steep hill or anything it feels like you are going to break something taking it out of park. That is why I bought an aftermarket parking brake...Best mod yet.

TNT

Banned Por Vida
Nov 23, 2011
So Cal
I was looking at the Rockwell hardness today of some steels these days, and in the Class C range using diamond ball test some of these steels won’t gall or wear hardly at all under heavy load, less than hydraulic brakes, seal wear, etc….. Might sound worse than it is, I got an 4 yr extended warrantee if popo wants to put out bad designs let them pay the price no sweat off my back really, after they eat enough cost they’ll get it right or maybe they have....time will tell :D

onerich

The Carpenter - UTVUnderground's La familia
Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
Alls good on flat ground but on a steep hill or anything it feels like you are going to break something taking it out of park. That is why I bought an aftermarket parking brake...Best mod yet.
Yes same here I have the one in TNT 'S VIDEO and it work just fine.

RZRluvr

La Familia Baby!
Feb 21, 2011
Anaheim,CA
You guys must have money burning a hole in your pockets:eek: Here's mine for $7.35 at HomeDepot:D

1- 24" piece of 1" sch80 PVC
1- 1" Male Adaptor
1- 1" Female Adaptor
1- Bottle of PVC Glue
6- Coors Lights:D

Total overall length is about 14.25"
1. Cut 2- 6" pieces of 1" pvc
2. Slide one in the Male Adaptor and the other in the Female Adaptor (Don't glue till you have cut the notches)
3. Screw the two pieces together
4. Hold near Brake pedel and Steering Wheel adjustment shock to get an idea of the Angle of the notch you need to cut on the Brake end. It's about 45 degrees.
5. Make the notch 3/4" deep
6. Test fit ( I used a Dremel Tool with a small grinding wheel to round the edges and make it look nice. If ya don't have a Dremel, a file will work fine)
7. Now notch the top so that it rests nice on the Steering Adjustment Shock.
8. You're Done! When you stop on a hill, step on the brake, install your new HillBilly Brake and then put tranny in park. Or just leave it in gear or neutral.
9. Incase your wondering why I put the adaptors in the middle instead of a single piece of pipe. It's so you can adjust it out as your brakes wear.

I mounted mine just under the drivers seat with 1" snap clamps for easy access. Also the reason mine is black is cause I used Heat Shrink. I don't know why, just cause:D
here are some pics.

TNT

Banned Por Vida
Nov 23, 2011
So Cal
Golf carts and cars these days have automatic park brakes; a computer that reads the min torque needed from the gradient of the road, then engages or disengages the right amount park brake on hills.

As an alternative, here are some toggles like EMP used; one for $14.06 at Grainger would work with a 100LB of holding force, .63 plunger travel. Mount it to your dash or a cheap bracket you make. Get a steel rod thread it rh/lh or a tied rod, and/or attach a u joint you buy or make out of sheet metal and bolt to pedal, more convenient and permanent, no stowing, less than $50 in materials few hours of your time.

Straight Line Clamps - Machine Tool Accessories - Grainger Industrial Supply
Toggle Clamp, Straight Line, 100 Lbs, 1.27 - Straight Line Clamps - Machine Tool Accessories - 3CXR8 : Grainger Industrial Supply

Nice thing about George’s cut a hole in floor or use drain hole can also be used as beer exhaust pipe (people might think your leaking yellow coolant just tell em you are your pump wee-weep hole leaks, but everything is a-ok), or a club to beat off wild life including human on the trail.:D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000