Picked up The General

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
rock crawling rig? you know to stick with the KOH theme.

Cowboy Cadillac? Use it on the horse ranch and out on the trails?

I like the look of the doors and the revised interior on the General

Reactions: JoeyD23

Cisco Kid

Puro Corazon - UTVUnderground La Famila
Apr 17, 2009
How about a bad ass camping rig pulling a matching trailer for Cisco ;-)

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
Yeah whats the deal with no California dealers getting the General? A few weeks ago I was in a local dealer and asked if they had any General's as I was interested in checking it out. They said they did not have any, and had no idea when then might be getting them. Te first sales guy said they had not been released yet, then second sales guy said they were out, just not in California. Is it a CARB issue?

Joey how will you Green Sticker it, if its not available for sale in California? Red Sticker maybe?

Also my vote for what to do with it, is to make it a Baja / Grand Canyon Adventure machine. Make it where you can go without support for several hundred miles in Baja. Then build 3 of them and go for it. Leave the trucks & trailers at the border and do 3-4 days in the General!

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Love your ideas guys and I'm in the same mindset. Thinking expedition style adventure vehicle that can double as a solid media rig but has the capabilities to still go all places at speed. I don't want to do a bunch of stuff that makes it top heavy and slow.

Cisco Kid

Puro Corazon - UTVUnderground La Famila
Apr 17, 2009
Love your ideas guys and I'm in the same mindset. Thinking expedition style adventure vehicle that can double as a solid media rig but has the capabilities to still go all places at speed. I don't want to do a bunch of stuff that makes it top heavy and slow.

Awesome ;-)

Ricochet Off-Road

Feb 5, 2016
I was thinking the same thing when a rig was suggested for your media man.

Let me know if there is anything we can do on this or especially any RZR projects. We have some exciting stuff we are about to release this year including a high performance winch.

TriggerTX

Aug 28, 2015
Pocatello ID, misplaced Texan
It's about tim Polaris put an in between sport-utility on the market. I'm interested to see one of those. I planned for over a year to get a Canam Commander because it had an abundance of cargo space yet sported a suspension that could do so much more than a Ranger.

Well I ended up getting a RZR XP1K and now I'm building a bigger bed.....

Looking forward to see what comes out of this...

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
So I got out to the desert this week with the General and put some miles on it. Its a great machine. So far I really like most things about it.

The machine is comfortable to ride in, the seats are really nice. I like the amenities this unit has including the winch, stereo, and digital / analog gauge cluster. Storage is good and the roof is nice. The doors work well and give it a fantastic look. Out of the box there are no rattles and no quirks that I noticed in terms of drive train noise or anything. Power is great with the 1000cc engine and handling was good. In 4wd the machine did feel a bit sluggish at times, almost like the traction was too much and it didn't want to get up and go, but in 2wd it was a rocket and was fun to throw around the corners. It felt fast in 2wd and felt like you could wind it up pretty quick.

The shocks need some adjustment, I didn't play with them a bunch and am not sure if was just tire pressure or not but the tires to me didn't feel all that great but I know those GBC dirt commanders are great tires. No flats of course.

One big issue I had was the elbow room. I was banging my elbows all over the center storage box and door panel, enough that it annoyed me a but. It can be solved with some padding, I hope Polaris adjusts that.

Overall I really like it. It looks cool and is certainly functional. We shot a SHAKEDOWN video and will try to release it in the coming weeks. I will keep you all posted of course.

TriggerTX

Aug 28, 2015
Pocatello ID, misplaced Texan
Thank you for the writeup. Looking forward to the video.

I took a break from my cage build this afternoon and my girl and I took a ride down to the local Polaris shop to see if they had one of these and an XP turbo but they were closed for some odd reason.

How's the cargo area compared to a Commander?

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Thank you for the writeup. Looking forward to the video.

I took a break from my cage build this afternoon and my girl and I took a ride down to the local Polaris shop to see if they had one of these and an XP turbo but they were closed for some odd reason.

How's the cargo area compared to a Commander?
Well the commander glove box is massive which is always nice. The General has a decent glove box but also has a good size center console storage box. It's weird because in center of the console down by the floorboard below the shifter is a huge open void area. I'm surprised Polaris didn't close it off and make another storage compartment.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000