Pismo Beach this year ??????

XPirate

Sep 9, 2011
Bakertucky
Only time you need reservations would be the holiday weekends....too crazy and packed to be worth it, unless you want a huge crowd for the "band"..... anyways,most other weekends are fine, or if you want to go outside the box of thinking, plan a mid-week trip....you would have the whole beach to yourself :D:D:D I know its tough for some, but way worth it!!!! Also don't be afraid to go in the "non-summer" months, they actually open up more riding areas....Its a great place that we like to visit often but can be dangerous...Beautiful weather year-round, easy access to town for yummy CINNAMON ROLLS or chowder or steak...the more i write, I'm definitely getting excited :D:D Hope we can plan something that works for everyone!!!!!

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
Pismo is my old stomping ground, but reservations are usually a must, and getting stuck is almost gonna always happen, even aired down with 4-wheel drive pulling any kind of trailer. You will have to air down ALL trailer and truck tires. But there is usually a dude there who will air up all your tires for a dollar a piece.

I will put a Miller Jeep ride together in May or June. I am waiting to get day when all the gates open up.:)

XPirate

Sep 9, 2011
Bakertucky
Hey Dave, I totally agree with your suggestion to AIR DOWN, it is better to be safe, than sorry....momentum is key....also it helps to have someone that can get there early, save some spots on the beach line, and then help everyone in, I'm not saying that could be me, but I'd definitely try....I hope we can make this happen, it is one of our favorite spots to relax, and just have fun... no long rides, no HUGE dunes, just tons of small bowl and small dune shredding!!!!!

onerich

The Carpenter - UTVUnderground's La familia
Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
You can also get your Rig washed for free . :eek::eek:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR4kTXalXb0&feature=related]08 02 10 What are they thinking - YouTube[/ame]

Class51600

Familia 1st - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Oct 22, 2010
Murrieta, CA
You will have to get a list and make reservations or we wont get in:( Pretty limited on camping and sand area in season, but I am willing to go:D I hope we do some more Fraser Park rides in Summer! Although if we go to Mammoth in August that will be a heap of fuel! :(
Papa you have to reserve the beach area? The one you go across the that little bit of water.

Class51600

Familia 1st - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Oct 22, 2010
Murrieta, CA
Only time you need reservations would be the holiday weekends....too crazy and packed to be worth it, unless you want a huge crowd for the "band"..... anyways,most other weekends are fine, or if you want to go outside the box of thinking, plan a mid-week trip....you would have the whole beach to yourself :D:D:D I know its tough for some, but way worth it!!!! Also don't be afraid to go in the "non-summer" months, they actually open up more riding areas....Its a great place that we like to visit often but can be dangerous...Beautiful weather year-round, easy access to town for yummy CINNAMON ROLLS or chowder or steak...the more i write, I'm definitely getting excited :D:D Hope we can plan something that works for everyone!!!!!
This sound really good it sound like we need to come up with a few days in the middle of a week, I would say lets do a get there on Monday and leave on Thursday, what do you guys think.

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
two wheel drives don't usually make it too far past Steves ATV rentals. You definately dont want to come in at high tide, due to river crossing and it forces you up onto the soft sand when driving in along the shore!! It's a fun place to ride though!!

XPirate

Sep 9, 2011
Bakertucky
Dave's right, no high tide, unless high tide chart says it will be low...the river crossing is fun :eek: just not at night with FOG....not that I know from experience, catch the low tides, drive next to the wet sand, and just cruise, no dale earnhardt burnouts..... you'd be amazed by all the 2 wheel drive motorhomes and diesel pushers you'll see out there, not to mention the honda civics and pimped out lowriders :eek::eek:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000