Polaris Razor tail light project

Goodtimes

Jan 17, 2009
Ramona
There was a car that we wanted to just tie into the tail light switch and add a tail light bar , oh well.

I put a wing on a Rzr and ran a light bar with running and stop lights tied into it. I figured it would be as simple as jumping the stop light and running lights wire and i would be done. nope not even close. The 2 hot wires running into the tail light are goofie , ones for the running and then lol , there is some kind of relay inside the tail light that makes the stop light go on when the power is shut off to the hot wires , so there is no tieing in to a hot wire to power my wing stop light.

So after a groupe hug and some brain storming we made a kit to make life easyer and cut the install time down for the next guy.

Here you go. Project complete. We used a SPDT relay w/ 5 terminals. Terminals are labeled 85, 86, … 30, 87 & 87a. ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>
<O:p></O:p>

We wired up an ignition switched hot going to terminal 30 (red wire). In other words, a wire that gets power only when the ignition switch is on. Terminal 36 is a ground wire. We placed the relay under the driver’s seat off the side of the battery box. One of the main grounding points on the RZR is right next to the battery box, it’s actually just a large screw that is tapped into the frame, so we used a 4†wire from the relay going to that bolt. We had an ignition switched hot wire going to that battery area that was used for another accessory, so we just tapped into that for our ignition hot wire. <O:p></O:p>
Next, we spliced an orange wire running from terminal 85 into one of the wires that run from the RZR brake switch to one of the tail lights. The brake switch is also under the driver’s seat next to the battery box. Finally we have a yellow wire from Terminal 87a that runs to our remote brake light. <O:p></O:p>
And the test results:<O:p></O:p>
Brake Off:<O:p></O:p>

Brake On:<O:p></O:p>

Here’s a shot of the completed kit for those folks don’t want to read the fine print on the bottom of a relay:<O:p></O:p>
[i

So if your interestd let me know , For some beer money you can have one of these bad boys[/:Dimg]<O:p></O:p>

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000