polaris rzr800 longtravel/ground clearance help

mochoa

Nov 13, 2011
I bought a Polaris rzr800 with fabtech 6+ long travel kit with dirt logic shocks. The kit is suppose to have 12-13" of travel but the car only has 10" of clearance w/out driver or passengers? I did take it out with a passenger and my self in the car (170lbs and 200lbs) and everything was great but the car bottomed out allot and if we saw a rock for sure we were hitting it with the skid plate. I want more ground clearance and hopefully by gaining more clearance the car won't bottom out as much or give the travel more room. Any input or similar experiences would help. Thanks also the kit does call for 26" tires but I only have 25" I'm looking for a better fix then just one inch. Thanks

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
Spring rates set ride heigth and ground clearance, internal shock valving is what contraols you shock movement.

You have two problems to address ride heigth and shock valving. i suggest you call around to local shops and see who has any experiance with your Fabtech and the dirt logic shocks. You want a local shop so you can convey your terrain and riding style to them. I think you will be talked into tossing the shocks for better ones.

mochoa

Nov 13, 2011
definately agree on the spring rate I'm hoping the valving on the shocks are ok since those were the shocks that came with the kit (maybe I should check the psi on the shock?) took a better look yesterday and I only have maybe 2" of actual shaft showing the shock so most of my travel is down travel right now. Any other input or experiences with fixing the problem would help thanks

Cisco Kid

Puro Corazon - UTVUnderground La Famila
Apr 17, 2009
I had the same setup and the dirt logic shocks are a CACA had to go with Fox and no problema and this kit comes with the wrong bolt dia.

Hope this helps ;-)

mochoa

Nov 13, 2011
when you bought new shocks were you able to keep your fabtech springs or did u upgrade those too?

Cisco Kid

Puro Corazon - UTVUnderground La Famila
Apr 17, 2009
I don't have my 800 RZR any more but I now that Fox did my shocks and springs ;-)

mochoa

Nov 13, 2011
finally getting back on resolving the issue I was wondering what spring rate other people are using on their long travel kits? I have seen anything from 150-275lbs in the front alone

Thanks in advance

NYCEGUY01

Jul 9, 2012
2011 RZR 800 S.
HCR Long travel with Kings.

Im running 200's in the front and 250's in the rear.

275psi on the nitrogen.

Lots of valving time to get it right.
Im running pretty heavy valving currently.

I added 1-1.5" of preload on the springs at the last race and I basically had 0 down travel. It wasn't ideal but I didn't have rocks bouncing on the bottom of my motor all day either like some others.

For the dunes Ill back it back off.

Hits the whoops good, jumps good and lands flat.

The only way youre gonna get it right is to buy a bag of shims and a nitrogen setup.
Then you just have to put in the time...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000