Yamaha powder or paint

TURBO

I Fly Rhino's For a Living - UTVUnderground Approv
Jan 16, 2009
Solvang CA...30MIN FROM PISMO
for doors and roof.will good paint last for some time? or should i go powder coat? I don't have a clue if can match the yellow i need with powder..and our powder guy sucks

RuggedRadios

Official UTVUnderground Communications Sponsor
Jan 20, 2009
Arroyo Grande, CA
www.ruggedradios.com
Who you using down there for powder Terry?

Theres a guy up here in our complex who does great work, just seems to be a bit expensive. It was $100 for our 4 Pro One door panels.

Or theres always MB Products lol

surfsjp

Jan 26, 2009
Mission Beach
In SD I had the same 4 pro-one panels also done for $100 at RW Little, they do good work. Price seems fair unless you know someone.

Mush

Food Stamp Ninja - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 16, 2009
Hendertucky NV
you guys don't like the doors matt? we really like ours, i know there are some better ones out there but we got a killer price on them.

BENZITO

hi guys !
Jan 19, 2009
phx, az
powder coat for sure...i have my roof and doors done and hit a shit load of trees & bushes and nothing, still look like new....

paint will scratch like crazy

surfsjp

Jan 26, 2009
Mission Beach
you guys don't like the doors matt? we really like ours, i know there are some better ones out there but we got a killer price on them.
I love my pro-one doors. So do all of my passengers. Also, if you have nice seats, it keeps down on the wear and tear of people stomping all over them just to get in.

My reasoning for getting the powder done over spray bombing them was this - they are doors so they will get more abuse then panels. i can't tell you how many times my passengers have banged them on something while getting in or out. Just my .02.

surfsjp

Jan 26, 2009
Mission Beach
They are our next door neighbors in the same complex :rolleyes:

And another $100 to do the tube frames for them. Just made a crappy product hurt that much more.
You are here in SD? interesting... Do you have a showroom? I'll have to come by if so - i'd really like to get a setup before next season.

RuggedRadios

Official UTVUnderground Communications Sponsor
Jan 20, 2009
Arroyo Grande, CA
www.ruggedradios.com
No we are in San Luis Obispo... 10 minutes from Pismo. I was talking about the powder place that did our Pro 1s for $200.

They are cool it was just a helluva lot of work to mount em - had to grind an inch off pin on the door, redrill mounts, the tubing doesnt follow the body lines of the rhino, etc etc etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000