Powder Puff Support

speedyangie

The Need, The Need For SPEED.......UTVUndergroun d
Jul 31, 2011
Cali
Thank you for all the support and encouragement! I'll be sure to do my best for everyone! :)

speedyangie

Jul 31, 2011
Cali
Came in a respectable 4th place behind some serious UTV racers. Not too shabby for my first time in the desert! Nothing broke, no one got hurt...had fun, drank some beer, hung with good friends = great weekend!

speedyangie

Jul 31, 2011
Cali
Thank you for all your supportive well wishes!

And a very, very, very special thank you to my crew chief, crew, co-driver - Malarie and all the pit support. I love you all!

When're we going racing again?!?

Jack

Jack In The RZR - UTVUnderground La Familia
Jun 15, 2010
Congratulation!!!! Wow, great job

Jack & Jan

Slacker

La Familia
Apr 1, 2012
Bakersfield
We had a ball! Thanks for the invite Angie, we'll pit for you anytime. Big A yelled " YEA ANGIE!!!" and clapped wildly at every race vehicle that went by:D:D Funny little tike! You guys did great!

speedyangie

Jul 31, 2011
Cali
Thanks Jack and Jan! We miss you guys! Still hanging out at Gordon Wells?

speedyangie

Jul 31, 2011
Cali
We had a ball! Thanks for the invite Angie, we'll pit for you anytime. Big A yelled " YEA ANGIE!!!" and clapped wildly at every race vehicle that went by:D:D Funny little tike! You guys did great!
Thank you for the pit help! You were definitely a calm in the storm. Also, the girls rock! Squirmie is definitely a future Speedy. View attachment 8223

Attachments

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
GREAT JOB ANGIE!! YOU MAKE ME PROUD!! IM CRYING NOW......CRAP

Stumpy says you are 'bad ass' but then I slapped him upside the head for saying 'ass'.....sucks to be 13

XPirate

Sep 9, 2011
Bakertucky
As you might have guessed, we had a BLAST as well :D Malarie had a great time navigating the treacherous course for our friend Angie...:D The racing bug has bitten her, but as some of you might have heard, will have to wait for 9 more MONTHS....:eek::eek: for those not in the know, we found out we are expecting our first little BUCCANEER...... It was another great weekend with great friends and a very solid finish. I want to thank Jay and Angie for their hard work and prep and the opportunity for such a great time....

P.S. Dave, tell "stumpworks" we have some sweet in-car video we'd like to get into his hands for so he can add some of his sweet magic to....

Simi Dude

La Familia For Life !!
Feb 25, 2010
Simi Valley Ca.
Come on Angie......We need to hear a race report, from the prep to the Race itself. Malarie you can pipe in here too so we can hear what it was like from the co-drivers seat.

Makes me want to go desert racing.

speedyangie

Jul 31, 2011
Cali
Glad to have made you proud Dave. I was racing for everyone I know! Glad to have had a positive result. :)

speedyangie

Jul 31, 2011
Cali
As requested (ahem Zane), here is a race recap...Part I - "The Itch"

After seeing my friend Garrett in the WORCS race in Taft a few weeks ago, I thought to myself, "Hey, that looks like fun. I can do that! Easy peasy." And, so began the build. Researching the rules for the race and getting everything set-up to pass tech was the main obstacle. There were many loooong nights drinking energy drinks while setting up the fuel cell, eating cold pizza with metal shavings on your hand from fabbing the doors and running errands all over to pick up last-minute parts. In two weeks, we got the car together - this entailed: making a mount for the GPS, radio and air blower and wiring it up; adding a water temp. gauge; reinforcing the existing roof and frame; fabricating new doors with an A-frame; adding a window net; adding a fuel cell (fabbing the mounts and filler, fuel pump and regulator); changing water hoses; changing all the fluids and triple checking everything. Phew...typing that tired me out!

speedyangie

Jul 31, 2011
Cali
Part II - The Day of Reckoning

Friday just snuck up on us. After shutting the prep operations down at 4:30 a.m., decided to get a few hours of sleep before the final prep. 2.5 hours later, back to work on the doors, mounting new tires and changing the fuel set-up. The dedicated pit crew was already waiting at the track by the time the RZR arrived to add the final safety equipment before tech. Rolled down to tech a tad nervous as I've never raced desert before and have never been teched for it. We had a slight hitch in our fuel venting system, which we quickly resolved that night while I was asked for an interview! My first off-road one! They had the RZR on display to talk about tech for a video they're making about the Powder Puff. Afterwards, I was interviewed about desert racing, safety, etc. Pretty snazzy, except that I didn't end up going to bed until after midnight and there's a driver's meeting at 7 a.m., oye!

Race Day - slept in as much as possible...waking up at 6:45 a.m. to head to the meeting. Back to the trailer at 7:30 for some oatmeal and a Thai Red Bull...greatly limited fluids in order to not have to pee during the race. Hehe. Helmet, seat belt adjustments...radio check and off to the start line!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000