Powder Puff Support

speedyangie

The Need, The Need For SPEED.......UTVUndergroun d
Jul 31, 2011
Cali
I'll have to leave y'all in suspense for the moment in order to get in some well-needed shut-eye...but expect to hear all about my first racing experience in the morning. :)

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
As you might have guessed, we had a BLAST as well :D Malarie had a great time navigating the treacherous course for our friend Angie...:D The racing bug has bitten her, but as some of you might have heard, will have to wait for 9 more MONTHS....:eek::eek: for those not in the know, we found out we are expecting our first little BUCCANEER...... It was another great weekend with great friends and a very solid finish. I want to thank Jay and Angie for their hard work and prep and the opportunity for such a great time....

P.S. Dave, tell "stumpworks" we have some sweet in-car video we'd like to get into his hands for so he can add some of his sweet magic to....
1. Congratulations!!!
2. Get the video to me and I'll have Stumpy work his magic.

Dudeonit

Chino's Finest - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Dec 10, 2010
Chino, CA
As you might have guessed, we had a BLAST as well :D Malarie had a great time navigating the treacherous course for our friend Angie...:D The racing bug has bitten her, but as some of you might have heard, will have to wait for 9 more MONTHS....:eek::eek: for those not in the know, we found out we are expecting our first little BUCCANEER...... It was another great weekend with great friends and a very solid finish. I want to thank Jay and Angie for their hard work and prep and the opportunity for such a great time....

P.S. Dave, tell "stumpworks" we have some sweet in-car video we'd like to get into his hands for so he can add some of his sweet magic to....
Congrats Girls. Looks like it was a great time!!!

And congrats to you on your new family member!!!

speedyangie

Jul 31, 2011
Cali
Part III - Race Time!

We started the race 9th out of 11, UTVs...just based upon when we registered. I wasn't really nervous, just wanted to see the green flag and get going!

The first mile is the Start/Finish pits, so there is a speed limit of 35 mph, but let me tell you...35 mph though this area of whoops is no joke! Our suspension wasn't set-up too great and it was crazy soft in the rear...bottoming out and hitting in the back. The whoops then drop you off to a sand wash where I was able to be my speedy self...lots of fun passing people there at 60 mph. This was followed with more whoops and open desert for quite some time. After mile 7 (another pit), the course takes you up a rocky ridge where it was ROUGH! Not only did Malarie and I get beat up, but the RZR did as well. I kept saying, "Sorry" and Malarie would respond, "No worries, it's okay...you're doing great" to which I replied (nicely, of course) that I wasn't apologizing to her, but to the RZR. Hehe. :D After mile 11 (another pit), there was a section with some maneuvering where you could easily tip over on your side if you're not paying attention. Fun stuff though. I got stuck behind some traffic going up that area because it's pretty much just a single line. Oh well. Miles 12-end (about 22 miles total) consisted of me straddling the trail because we didn't have the clearance to drive straight through without hitting the bottom or getting high-sided. It was quite the challenge and also a BLAST to have to maneuver with the two driver's side tires hugging the berm on the left and avoiding bushes and the other two passenger's side tires balancing on the berm in the middle of the trail caused by the other racers traveling the course.

Four laps and almost 100 miles later, we get the checkered flag...coming in 4th in the UTV field. Pretty cool to have moved from 9th up to 4th (Passing people is quite the adrenaline rush...I'm addicted! More passing please and thank you!). Also, pretty cool to have not broken anything and not have to pit at all! Overall, it was an amazing experience and I can't wait to do it again with more speed next time! :cool:

speedyangie

Jul 31, 2011
Cali
I'd love to race BITD...money is always an issue though, so we're playing it by ear at the moment. Definitely will be trying to get more seat time though! Once race under my belt...hopefully many, many more to go!

Reactions: 1 person

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
I'd love to race BITD...money is always an issue though, so we're playing it by ear at the moment. Definitely will be trying to get more seat time though! Once race under my belt...hopefully many, many more to go!

M says she might be up for KOH but would need to talk through it with you guys first. :cool:

Lardoggy

Aug 9, 2010
Sounds like somebody got the bug.Glad to hear you had a great time,you did well for your first race,anytime you can finish your first offroad race that is big in the offroad race world.I'm gearing up to make new arms for my RZRS soon,but my shop is very busy now so it could be 2 months before I get something done.If you like when you find some come to my shop and we could plate the bottom side for future races,anyway great run guys,Thank you for working on Lexus,got some tires,good for 200,000 more miles LOL.:D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000