Project SDR1

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
I am sure with properly race prepped, clearanced, undersized ball type 2 cv joints you can get a bunch of angle. I just dont know how much angle we will need with tha weller setup. Jason??
you can run a 930 raced prepped and .001" undersized balls at 26 degrees safely. type 2's are plenty strong for this application though IMO.

Wild Earp

50Fifty Racer - UTVUnderground Approved
Hmmmmm.

How much is a new Gear One setup - everything wed need? Closing on like $3k right?
I called Gear One and was quoted $2200 for the hubs with brakes. That doesnt include the axles. But you can delete about $800 in parts from the Weller Kit not including their uprights (price TBD). You can also save about $400 off the Gear one if you get it without brakes, but then you will have to use the hub mounted rotor that Weller supplies in their kit. (which is a really cool looking by the way!)

All I know, is even with the Gear One setup, Im really close to being able to do this swap for a wash, with everything I have sold. So Im happy. :) And I have a few more things to sell.

Quad Cartel

Jun 13, 2009
Rialto,CA
For the record Type 2 and Type 4 have the same O.D. and the same inner spline size. The type 4 offer more angle but are twice the price. From what I am told nobody makes good aftermarket parts (i.e. 300m cages or stars) for the type 4 CV.

I have over 1500mi on my type 4 CV's at 20-22deg with no problems.

Wild Earp

50Fifty Racer - UTVUnderground Approved
Not getting much done on the SDR1 car this week. :(

Still waiting on the SR1 kit from Weller. And by the way, I hate eBay. Ordered a Gauge Harness, and got a Throttle body harness. Ordered a Powercommander, and it hasnt showed up, no response from the seller. And the dealership that I bought my motor from sent me the paperwork on the motor, and it has the wrong VIN. Not good eBay luck this week.

I did figure out my pedals though. Im going to adapt the stock master cylinder to a CNC reverse swing pedal. That way I can upgrade to a CNC MC in the future if needed, without redoing my brackets. Also going to run the same pedal for the clutch. CNC throttle pedal too. Going down to Kartek to pick up the parts today.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000