Yamaha Quality Rhino oil filter on a budget........

s2k1

Feb 27, 2009
Ramona, CA
www.benchmarkperformance.us
OK everyone, in the interest of saving everyone money, here is a tip. This is really small dollar wise, but hey, it adds up!

You can use a Kawasaki Teryx oil filter on your Rhino. It is made by the same manufacturer that makes the OEM Rhino filter, which is Denso. The Teryx filter is 3/16" shorter in length than the Rhino filters.

I am a firm believer in using the OE oil filters when possible. That doesn't mean that aftermarket filters are bad. I just happen to have 11 years of experience from working for American Honda and Honda R&D. Through that experience I learned a lot about the standards and durability testing that the Japanase OEs use when engineering a vehicle. I don't think any aftermarket company can match what the japanese OEs do for engineering and testing.

Many of you have heard recently about K&N oil filters coming loose on Rhinos. It happened to one of my race customers at M4SX last year, and it happened recently to KJ on his 700 Rhino.

The OEM Yamaha Rhino oil filter is:
5GH-13440-00 (04-07)
Retail price - $14.43
Benchmark Underground price - $9.82

5GH-13440-20 (08+, will also work on the 660s)
Retail price - $16.43
Benchmark Underground price - $10.82

OEM Kawasaki Teryx oil filter is:
16097-0003
Retail price - $13.13
Benchmark Underground price - $8.86

Reactions: 3 people

Jeepinbeav

Leave It To Beaver - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 22, 2009
Goodyear Az
i agree great info there Chris and thats a great price for a teryx oil filter i may have hit you up for a few. I didnt really think much about oe quality when it comes to oil filters,at my shop we use alot of oe on the vehicles that come in cuz the aftermarket just doesnt hold a candle to certain manufacturers. Also since you worked for honda then you definately know about quality control

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000