Question about xp900 axles plz help

Mar 7, 2012
menifee ca
I am running the super atv rhino brand axles and not had any probs tell the other night (not even sure if its the axles) went to go out and play in the hills the other night and when I pulled out to load up I noticed the car was a lil jerky from dead stop (once you get going its fine) had my buddy checking it out while I was stoping and going. Noticed my driver side axle had alot of side to side play in it never noticed it before but never checked cuz it wasn't acting up. The pass side does not have play unless you jack the car up where it's not under a load. Then it moves side to side. Soon as I put it back down there is no more play. Pulled the driver side out and replaced the grease and check and toped off diff fluid. Any ideas? Have a video of me movie ing it side to side but can't fig out how to post it on tap a talk

HighLifter Underground

High Lifter Employee
Nov 14, 2013
Shreveport, LA.
www.HighLifter.com
I am not specifically familiar with the SATV Rhino Axles but there are others who have expected this to be a problem as well. However, the axles are supposed to plunge and there really shouldn't be an issue with them moving as much as they are as long as there are no leaks. In fact, in most cases where this question has come up the owner continued to run the shaft as is and eventually reported that they had no trouble with the performance at all.

However, if at some point you do find yourself needing to replace the axles I might suggest taking a look at the Outlaw DHT Axle before making a purchase.

HighLifter Underground

High Lifter Employee
Nov 14, 2013
Shreveport, LA.
www.HighLifter.com
If you find that you need to replace the belt I suggest the High Lifter 3GX Belt for Polaris 900 RZR XP (BELT-HLP216).

This belt is specifically designed for the monster ATV with 800cc engines or larger. The uniquely formulated belt features high temperature Neoprene, made with the highest level of Aramid fiber loading available.

The 3GX will outperform any available “dealer” belt – hands down! The 3GX offers:
- Faster, more consistent throttle response at high speed
- Reduction in slippage during high levels of torque
- Increased horsepower capacity
- Proven reliable at well over 12,000 RPMs

This belt also has a limited one-year warranty.

Mar 7, 2012
menifee ca
Not sure what to look for. I pulled the cover off and rotated the belt all the way around it didn't look messed up from what I can tell. What should I be looking for?

Mar 7, 2012
menifee ca
I am not specifically familiar with the SATV Rhino Axles but there are others who have expected this to be a problem as well. However, the axles are supposed to plunge and there really shouldn't be an issue with them moving as much as they are as long as there are no leaks. In fact, in most cases where this question has come up the owner continued to run the shaft as is and eventually reported that they had no trouble with the performance at all.

However, if at some point you do find yourself needing to replace the axles I might suggest taking a look at the Outlaw DHT Axle before making a purchase.
I have been running these same axles for about a season now and it never did this before. There diff has to be something cuzing it to be jerky so I am afraid to run it and risk more damage.

mosslager

STEEEEEEEEKERZ - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 4, 2009
You wont usually see the burn on a belt while its on. Gotta pull it off and under a light you will look for a shiny or glazed spot on the side of it...mine was only about an inch long burn and acted like you describe..

VBosch02

Dec 3, 2010
Bellflower, Ca
I had the same thing going on. As Moss pointed out when I took it off and actually looked at it I found glazing. Replaced the belt and had no issues.

tomcav

Let ride ,bitches
Feb 6, 2011
the oc
also take a good look at the secondary ,you can only see the outer rollers mine went out at 2600 miles inner /outer rollers were shot, helix shot

VBosch02

Dec 3, 2010
Bellflower, Ca
What is glazing? And how do I know if mine has it?
I got mine from crawling some rocks. Basically I gave it gas but the car didn't move. The clutch spun on the belt causing what I would call a burn (glazing) in the belt. Mine looked like a smooth shiny spot on the belt. When I gave the car gas it would grab and then slip and grab and slip until I got over say 5 - 10 mph. Once I was going it was fine. Pulled the belt and could see the glazing. Replace the belt and don't have any problems. Of course I keep the glazed belt in my car now as a spare. Never know when your going to blow a belt. :D

Mar 7, 2012
menifee ca
I got mine from crawling some rocks. Basically I gave it gas but the car didn't move. The clutch spun on the belt causing what I would call a burn (glazing) in the belt. Mine looked like a smooth shiny spot on the belt. When I gave the car gas it would grab and then slip and grab and slip until I got over say 5 - 10 mph. Once I was going it was fine. Pulled the belt and could see the glazing. Replace the belt and don't have any problems. Of course I keep the glazed belt in my car now as a spare. Never know when your going to blow a belt. :D
Hmmm it started acting up a couple weekends ago after going to silverwood. Did a lil playin in the rocks that day.

VBosch02

Dec 3, 2010
Bellflower, Ca
Yeah, If your not moving but the clutch is, you're probably burning the belt. That could be you're problem right there. Pull the belt and look at it.

Mar 7, 2012
menifee ca
Alright update time. I got a gates belt from oreilly auto parts for $48 I didn't want to spend $200 on the oem belt and it not be the prob. Good news is the jerkiness has stopped but I think I have a cv going out I hear clicking when I make a left turn.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000