Yamaha Question on a Rhino with Gorillas

mosslager

STEEEEEEEEKERZ - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 4, 2009
Hey, my brothers rear diff seal is leaking at the axle. He is running Gorillas on a SoCal Fab 6" LT kit. I know the CVs on Gorillas are different than stock or Summers Bros axles but does anyone know if the seal is special? I don't see why it would be but my brother wants to know before he tears into it with stock seals on hand for replacements. Also, are there any tricks to replacing the seal. He read it can be a bitch with the Gorilla CVs.

c&c rhino

UTVUnderground SXS Tech - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 18, 2009
lake elsinore, ca
plug and play. stock seals. they are usually a pain in the ass to get out. i use at least one helper. two helpers with pry bars to hold outward tension and an air hammer to the side of the cv housing while pulling on the axle as well is ideal.

c&c rhino

UTVUnderground SXS Tech - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 18, 2009
lake elsinore, ca
then when you go to put em back in, make sure the clips are perfect. i would 45 the inner edge of the clip to make it easier to install. i smear grease into the clip groove all the way around with the clip in to center the clip. then slowly push the axle in till it stops, and never let up on it. this way it centers the clip. give it a few taps to help line the clip up, do not let off on the inward tension, keep that cv making contact with the diff the whole time. i have a helper hold a piece of 2x4 over the outer cv end and give it some heavy blows with a mini sledge. i have a full size sledge with the handle cut to a foot long.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000