Yamaha R1 Rhino Update/Pics

droptchevy

Twisted SR1 - UTVUnderground Approved
Dec 9, 2009
Had a stainless exhaust built by Mark Mcdade out of Hesperia. He did an awesome job, tri y header and he builds the mufflers himself. $800 for everything. Very clean welds, and good quality. Been scrambling to this weekend to get it ready to go out for thanksgiving. I'm getting close. I will have to come back and finish cleaning up the wiring, and mount a few things better. I'm not real happy with my stock shifter. I bought the weller linkage kit to use with my stock shifter. It seems there is a lot of slop in the stock shifter. I dont know if they are all like that, or if mine has some worn out parts. I need to look into some other options or try to buy another stock one. I also need to build some sheet metal around the motor with heat shields. The passenger seat gets pretty hot and all my wiring is getting warm. I had a sheet of some heat resistant material that i cut to wrap around the wires for now, but i dont want to leave it like this. My camera battery died so i didnt get a lot of pics, but ill get some more this week and some videos when i run it. Will be out in dove springs for t-day. Hopefully everything goes well

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
looks really good. the stainless exhaust came out great. i would wrap it to keep the heat off your seats though.

i made my own shift handle with some bearings and a sleeve with a push pull cable from mcmastercarr. there are endless ways to make a shift lever. just put your lever in an easy to reach place.

droptchevy

Dec 9, 2009
i forgot where i got those relay harnesses from but i have see,n a couple different styles so they shouldnt be too hard to find. Ill try to find my receipt.

No glamis for me this thanksgiving. I have been the past 10 years or so, but we are headed to dove springs this year. Got tired of being so close to everyone that we cant even put our awning out. Ill be out in g plenty this year

bajaleo

Apr 11, 2010
Your blue rhino on the left in the first pic, what brand of front a-arms are those? I have a set and dont know where they came from.

droptchevy

Dec 9, 2009
Both rhinos have twisted labs +6 long travel on them. I bought the red rhino off those guys after they raced it in corr in 2008. He gave me an extra set of arms so we put them on my brothers blue rhino. Website is twistedlabs.net if you want to see them.

droptchevy

Dec 9, 2009
So i took my first run around the neighborhood in the sr1 today. Wow, so much fun. I only got into 3rd and barely clicked 4th before running out of room on my side streets. Wanted to make sure nothing went wrong before it went on the trailer. After i really pissed off all my neighbors I pulled up to the last stop sign and had to wait to yield for this motorcycle before pulling up to the trailer. It just happens to be a cop.He barely glances at me, and just drives away. I guess its my lucky day, i usually always find a way to get harassed by the cops. Cant wait to get this thing in the desert where i can really open it up. Happy Thanksgiving Everyone. Ill be out in dove springs this weekend.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000