RacerTech CanAm Commander JUMP..Nosedive Discussion

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
the first video, I agree...bad jump, probably would buck anything....but I am telling you guys right now there is in internal engine break/torque limiter of sorts that does reduce the wheel spin...that was straight from the Can Am engineer....I felt it in the whoops and I felt it when jumping the can am which I did more than a couple of time. But the 2 last times I did it is when I noticed it significantly. The last jump I hit I made sure to gas it hard off the limit, same nose dive result.....again the engineer did tell me they were going to de tune the limiter or whatever you want to call it to make it less sketchy....

This last video shows a smooth jump.....so who knows?

Darryl89

Killer Kitty - UTVUnderground Approved
Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
the first video, I agree...bad jump, probably would buck anything....but I am telling you guys right now there is in internal engine break/torque limiter of sorts that does reduce the wheel spin...that was straight from the Can Am engineer....I felt it in the whoops and I felt it when jumping the can am which I did more than a couple of time. But the 2 last times I did it is when I noticed it significantly. The last jump I hit I made sure to gas it hard off the limit, same nose dive result.....again the engineer did tell me they were going to de tune the limiter or whatever you want to call it to make it less sketchy....

This last video shows a smooth jump.....so who knows?
you get enough speed on a long rampup jump that has virtually no transition slope and it'll almost always fly straight without much nosedive...but on other jumps with transition slopes, it will nosedive if anything causes a power decrease either right at takeoff or immediately after (within milliseconds of takeoff).

Joey's incident shows it's not necessarily the driver, but yes, the jump face can make a difference. But it does sound like the Can Am had some kind of a power reducer for when it loses traction in the jumps... Personally, I want to be the one that controls the throttle, not the computer drive by wire system.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000