Rear Diff. Time to bite the bullet

Mar 31, 2010
Flagstaff, AZ
Well I have to buy a new rear diff. I was playing with the idea of just picking up a used one and swapping it out but come to later find out that a used one that could break again is more than the beefier housings from HPD. So I think I am going to have to buy one of those. unless anyone has any other ideas that I don't know about? I was going to weld it but do not have the expertise to do so.

Anyone have any last ideas before I buy a 600 housing?

Its a 2008 RZR. I know someone on here said they had a complete beefy one for 800 bucks and man I wish I could get that one but its just not in the budget.

Utv133

Mar 14, 2012
Havasu
Go Hpd I haven't broke it yet Broke 2 stock ones tho. I remember you from the cinders race a few year ago. Your Crazy ass in a 50in rzr taking a beating lol.

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
How about welding it and then figuring out what it breaks all the time?

Weak motor mounts, diff too close to frame. Make a metal gusset that goes around the diff bolt pattern and connects to transmission. This will prevent the twisting that cracks the diff.

Mar 31, 2010
Flagstaff, AZ
HAHA that Cinders race was a blast but I trashed my car!! melted the seals out of the shocks in the rear.

I think mike is right. I going to pull it out and get it welded here by the pros and see if that holds. I have since got stiffer mounts so I think a plate and gusset would hold it. Plus I don't want to cut into my Long Travel fund!!

Utv133

Mar 14, 2012
Havasu
The pinon gear trys to flex out of the case. Then cracks the diff seen it a 100 times at work. There not made to be beat that hard. I welded mine first then it broke again so got a deal on a stock one That one broke in 3 pieces lol. Just go Hpd man and forget about it . You got to pay to play. I. Have the solid motor mount and lift plates. Too. The mounts have no give so it breaks the diff easyer cause it makes the diff take all the beating not the mounts on the other hand the stock mounts flex so much they hit the frame hitch area. Cut your hitch out helps. I've seen the trans break in half too .. From the solid mounts too.

Mar 31, 2010
Flagstaff, AZ
yeah I already broke my tranny in half so I have been down that road. Damn these toys and the expense!! Im trying to buy long travel the last thing I need is to be buying rear diffs haha

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000