Yamaha Rhino throwing intake codes

08LTrhino

Aug 2, 2012
Riverside Ca
I have a 08 Rhino with a clutch sheave, dual muzzys and a uni filter. It had a BRP box on there but i took it off and put a MSD on it. When i took it to Glamis on our way to vendor row it started to idle rough a few times we stopped ate and on our way back to gecko on sand highway it stalled giving codes 13,14,15. Waited a few minutes it started up ran fine got back to camp. Later on went out again did the same thing but had to tow it back to camp. Code 13 & 14 are intake pressure sensor and 15 is throttle position sensor. I run the MSD on 4 which is mild intake and dual muzzys I was told it could be oil in the blowby maybe getting on the sensor, has anyone heard of this or think it might be something else.

ALBANATE

Feb 13, 2012
I have heard of oil causing a tps and IAT sensor issue, but not often. I have seen an issue with a single wire coming de-pined from the main plug causing a similar issue. IAT and TPS usually run off of the same reference voltage, so there is also that association as well. Is this a 2D or 3D unit?

Nate
Alba Racing

ALBANATE

Feb 13, 2012
Check to make sure the MSD plugs are secured well and there are no individual wires on the MSD harness that came de-pinned...and reset the codes. Also what maps are you using. I may have something better for you.

Nate
Alba Racing

Roo

May 16, 2009
And i havnet been able to open up the intake to see if theres oil in it yet.
There is a clear site tube on the intake duct, at the bottom where it turns to go through tunnel, near steering box. Unfasten the clip and pull it off to see if it has oil in it. Mine would fill up with oil after installing the MSD and running high rpm's. I plumbed a vacuum break bottle into the vent line that helped a little but didn't cure it. I ended up taking the vent off the intake plenum and plugging the hole, then running the vent line to it's own filter mounted higher on the frame. My symptoms were an eratic idle only and would stall once in a while, but always restarted, so do what Nate says to be sure there aren't other things going on, and use his map. My experience is with one '08 model and Nate has it running as good as it can! Hahaha!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000