Road to the Hammers

GOVACHO

Nov 8, 2011
Riverssippi
Sorry guys no car again this weekend. Its still not ready.. I hope some day ill make it you again to go riding with you all..

Be safe and have a great turkey day...

speedyangie

The Need, The Need For SPEED.......UTVUndergroun d
Jul 31, 2011
Cali
I'd say it's about time for an update, so here it is...Episode 3 - I'm going to call it..."Geez. We need to workout!"

The S-22 obstacle course is no joke people! :eek: The pictures that have been posted do the obstacles little justice, but...if you've ever met me, you know that I'm game to tackle anything. :D

First order of business was to do some wrench practice! Let me tell you (and my co-driver - Melissa, will agree wholeheartedly) that tires, a-arms, axles, etc...heavier than they may look. Let me also tell you that we are some bada$$ wrenching gals - we've got several axles changed under our belts, along with tires, drivebelts, a-arms, tierod ends, balljoints - you name it, we can do it. Feel free to bring your RZRs by for some service with a smile. :)

Alrighty, on to what you've all been waiting for (drum roll please!) --- rock training!

With a new winch, fuel in the RZR and carne asada in our tummies courtesy of CiscoKid (shout out to Cisco!), we were ready to slay some rocks! We practice crawling over rocks, driving over logs, winching over tires, launching the car over concrete pipes - if it was in the way, we got over it. :cool: Pretty awesome getting through obstacles that larger vehicles have problems navigating across. Go UTVs!

Can't wait to do some more practicing! Stay tuned...

speedyangie

Jul 31, 2011
Cali
Real rock practice time folks, not those "fake" rocks they've got at S-22. Hehe. So, here it is - Episode 4, Entitled "Rocks? What rocks?"

As anyone who has done any rock crawling can attest to, rocks can be pesky little buggers or large buggers depending.

Here's what goes through your head (or, at least, mine) as you roll up to a pile - "Cool! Gnarly rocks! This looks easy peasy, just take this line, followed by that line, then that one and that one there. Hmmm...what about that giant rock in the way? Oh, nevermind...totally do-able, just floor it or maybe winch? Let's see...I can roll the passenger tires on top of those rocks there, slide the driver's side tires across that rock over there. Avoid that pointy rock. Keep some tires on the ground, eh? Rinse and repeat. Cinch." :)

From Turkey Claw to Elvis to Martel to ______hammer to...the rocks just flew by. Actually, I think that was me flying by. There's nothing like the feeling of seeing something gnarly, something that you'd have to be a little crazy to attempt and conquering it. King of the Hammers? Bring it!

Speedy.

p.s. Thank you to all of the Peanut Gallery for hanging tight during the crawling in the snow ;) - Nothing like watching some crawling with snacks, sandwiches and beers by the warmth of a makeshift fire, eh?

p.p.s. Promise to make you all proud in the Hammers! Lots of love!

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
It sure was a fun trip Angie, we had a great time and are glad we made it.

I know you and Melissa are going to do well. Give 'em hell!!!

See you in a few weeks for the real test!!!

Dan and Chris...
:cool:

p.s. Hang on to the Turkey Claw trophy!! You earned that one too!!!:eek:

speedyangie

Jul 31, 2011
Cali
damm angie and melissa you guys are awesome... hammers beware.... here they come... bill
Bill! We miss you...haven't been out to Jawbone lately, but you're on the permanent invite list to any Jawbone rides!

It sure was a fun trip Angie, we had a great time and are glad we made it.

I know you and Melissa are going to do well. Give 'em hell!!!

See you in a few weeks for the real test!!!

Dan and Chris...
:cool:

p.s. Hang on to the Turkey Claw trophy!! You earned that one too!!!:eek:

Thanks Dan and Chris for all the advice and kind words of support, as always!

p.s. The Turkey Claw trophy almost got burned on NYE by some over-zealous frozen campers.

ok ....i will let ya slide ........ did ya have a good time ?
Always do! I'd better see you and the boys with cookies in tow at the Hammers!

Looks like fun , sorry we missed it . Which wench are you using ?
Using MotoAlliance's ViperMax. Good stuff!

speedyangie

Jul 31, 2011
Cali
Officially it's "UTVUnderground.com" The unofficial name is "Peanut Gallery." :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000