Robby Gordon's Arctic Cat Wildcat

Sandman365

Booze Cruzin'
May 24, 2013
Escondido
Talked with him at the store, but yeah. Said it rips and saw a video testing in parker and looked good.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
Promising specs...pretty simple, clean looking setup...any mention of an AC production model? or possible release date?

Sandman365

Booze Cruzin'
May 24, 2013
Escondido
He said that is the production model. Announcing Feb. 28 at dealer show and in showrooms 45-60 days later.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
Ya you would think he would be required to race unlimited until the release date in February...just like Murrays and S3 had to do with the X3.

I noticed he is listed in the turbo class...wonder if he is racing this vehicle in the turbo class or if he has a boosted version..

I like the overall design of the vehicle and i think it improved upon some things, interested to see what the production model looks like with skins and everything on. Hopefully some extra competition in the market place will get the price point down a bit on all these vehicles from a consumer stand point.

Reactions: warlock

motive

Jan 12, 2014
Pleasant Grove, UT
That is more production than race car. Bolt on cage. opening doors. It does look light.

Going off of what Sandman said, it shouldn't be legal to race the first couple BITD races in the turbo class.

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
That is more production than race car. Bolt on cage. opening doors. It does look light.

Going off of what Sandman said, it shouldn't be legal to race the first couple BITD races in the turbo class.
The ones RG has been running around the dunes are the prototype production cars that Arctic Cat is speculated to be releasing. Not the ones raced at the 1000. Also heard 5th hand that the production unit would not be N/A as the engine is a Yamaha, and Yamaha has not applied a Turbo version to CARB. But that the "Special Order, Limited Race Edition" would be Turbo'ed? Again Arctic Cat would have to commit to building 1000 units to qualify as a Production model.

I also agree that Robby's Arctic Cat should not be legal in either Production class. Unlimited class no problem!

Does anyone know for sure if Cory is going to allow the RG Arctic Cat to race Pro Production? Or for that matter Craig Scanlons car in Pro Production? Just because their listed that way on the entry list, does not mean that's the class they will race in come race day. Anyone can enter under any class. Are any teams willing to stand there at Tech and ask Cory how they can be legal if he approves them? And if he allows them to enter Pro Production, are they protestable after the race?

I can say past history has shown many times Tech will only look and sign off on safety related items and leave the technical rule policing to the racers, or sometimes Post Race Tech. I think that is crap, but I've seen it done too many times to count. Again this is where having Class Reps or a Board to go to really would help. It keeps one guy from having to be the bad guy, or look like a whiner.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
The ones RG has been running around the dunes are the prototype production cars that Arctic Cat is speculated to be releasing. Not the ones raced at the 1000. Also heard 5th hand that the production unit would not be N/A as the engine is a Yamaha, and Yamaha has not applied a Turbo version to CARB. But that the "Special Order, Limited Race Edition" would be Turbo'ed? Again Arctic Cat would have to commit to building 1000 units to qualify as a Production model.

I also agree that Robby's Arctic Cat should not be legal in either Production class. Unlimited class no problem!

Does anyone know for sure if Cory is going to allow the RG Arctic Cat to race Pro Production? Or for that matter Craig Scanlons car in Pro Production? Just because their listed that way on the entry list, does not mean that's the class they will race in come race day. Anyone can enter under any class. Are any teams willing to stand there at Tech and ask Cory how they can be legal if he approves them? And if he allows them to enter Pro Production, are they protestable after the race?

I can say past history has shown many times Tech will only look and sign off on safety related items and leave the technical rule policing to the racers, or sometimes Post Race Tech. I think that is crap, but I've seen it done too many times to count. Again this is where having Class Reps or a Board to go to really would help. It keeps one guy from having to be the bad guy, or look like a whiner.
Like I posted in the thread you started on the SMG RZR, it is legal and will pass tech for Pro Turbo class. Cory and Holz discussed the design and the suspension design is within the rules.

As for the RG vehicle. I have been told that RG will also pass tech because they will be building 1000 of these machines to be sold for $75K through Arctic Cat as race ready machines. Why he is legal to race now without them being available to the public to me is BS but thats not my place. Its nothing against RG or Arctic Cat at all, its just a weird shift in the rules for which the OEMs have operated by up until now. I'll call Casey up to get his take so I can report accurately as to what is legal and what isn't.

Reactions: 450grl and jajl22

ssb4

Feb 13, 2015
It's an AC right? Why are you guys so worried? One little AC car can't possibly beat all those RZRs ... right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
Like I posted in the thread you started on the SMG RZR, it is legal and will pass tech for Pro Turbo class. Cory and Holz discussed the design and the suspension design is within the rules.

As for the RG vehicle. I have been told that RG will also pass tech because they will be building 1000 of these machines to be sold for $75K through Arctic Cat as race ready machines. Why he is legal to race now without them being available to the public to me is BS but thats not my place. Its nothing against RG or Arctic Cat at all, its just a weird shift in the rules for which the OEMs have operated by up until now. I'll call Casey up to get his take so I can report accurately as to what is legal and what isn't.
Joey a design that Holz discussed with Cory about is fine as I would bet most builders discussed things with Cory. But did they execute it within the rules as written in the rule book? After the build was complete was the car inspected and pivots measured to confirm that the design/build that was discussed met the Pro Production class rules? So far the car has only raced the Unlimited class, so pivots did not need to be checked.

And regards to the Arctic Cat I 100% agree that if they don't meet the manufacture requirements as written in the rule book then it should not be allowed. I too have yet to see or hear of a way to order the Race Arctic Cat that we both talk about. What's the time line to actually take possession of the vehicle? I would think to make it meet manufacturer requirements the customer would have to be paying the manufacture or dealership network and not RGM directly. Because if your paying RGM then it's just a aftermarket build, and the racing series is opening up Pandora's box if you ask me. What's going to keep Jagged from doing the same thing under the Polaris bannor or S3 doing it under the Can Am banner? Cognito already builds customer cars. What would stop them from putting their own motor & trans, wheelbase etc.. of choice and say they will commit to building 1000 special order units per year, as deposits are taken. So if they only take 10 orders, then they only build 10 units, but we're committed to building 1000.

Last edited:

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Joey a design that Holz discussed with Cory about is fine as I would bet most builders discussed things with Cory. But did they execute it within the rules as written in the rule book? After the build was complete was the car inspected and pivots measured to confirm that the design/build that was discussed met the Pro Production class rules? So far the car has only raced the Unlimited class, so pivots did not need to be checked.
You are going to have to call Cory and ask him. I am told the car is LEGAL and within the rules and that Mark Holz verified with the fearless leader himself. So you will have to talk to Cory to get more info as I have no further insight. #ThreadJacked

Reactions: tatum

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000