Yamaha Ron Woods vs. Muzzy

ron woods or muzzy, and dont say muzzy just becuase they sponsor the website

• Total voters

surfsjp

Jan 26, 2009
Mission Beach
I have an 08 stock 700 in SD that only has a VDI and sheave. I'd be willing to donate for testing. I can flip the switch on the VDI to stock in a second.

KJSmith84

Banned Por Vida
Jan 15, 2009
somewhere up my own ...
ron woods said that they didnt do any testing when designing the 700 pipe- at least that is waht they told me. they just used the same can and made a header to fit and was done.

I would wither do dmc or muzzy

I would call Mike at Unleashed UTV he can get you a good deal and not have to pay sales tax since they are in AZ. save you 50-70 bucks.

max powers

Head Ninja In Charge - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
if ron didn't do any testing, then testing it agaist a muzzy would be a great test. Ron didn't test my exhaust either, doesn't mean it isn't badass or better than one that was tested by the manufacturer of said pipe.
go way back and see where I told everyone about ron's pipe for the 660 and they all told me I was crazy, now look how many people use them,I'm just sayin.

max powers

Jan 15, 2009
Why not run a shootout for the 700 with a RW, Muzzy, and DMC, or whoever....test them all!
john will test whatever we send him. Just need the pipes donated for the testing, they can be returned after.

proshop

Jan 26, 2009
set a date and bring your cameras. this kind of test shows peak power but your looking for the amount of time it holds peak power. the only thing we cant test is if the pipe falls apart after a year of thrashing.

drewallen42

Jan 30, 2009
If I was closer I'd donate mine for the test. Looking forward to the results. Maybe do decibels too for comparison?

TURBO

I Fly Rhino's For a Living - UTVUnderground Approv
Jan 16, 2009
Solvang CA...30MIN FROM PISMO
so are we doing this or what....I have a 686 with the woods lets slap a set of muzzys on it to I can have my car down there do a run with my woods and then a run with the muzzys I can remove my bed and the swap will take about 10 min. so if muzzys are the way to go every one will know if not they might want to not send there set up for testing...all this will have to be videoed for proof

family wagon

White Knuckled - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
Riverside
I would like to see this happ, I like how quite the muzzy are. I can say the woods that Rick has on the cat makes it sound like a big block jet boat ! Lol I can't say I have heard the wood set-up on a 660, are they as loud as muzzy

max powers

Jan 15, 2009
so are we doing this or what....I have a 686 with the woods lets slap a set of muzzys on it to I can have my car down there do a run with my woods and then a run with the muzzys I can remove my bed and the swap will take about 10 min. so if muzzys are the way to go every one will know if not they might want to not send there set up for testing...all this will have to be videoed for proof
as soon as muzzy steps up and let's us use a pipe, we can take your car to the proshop and put it on the dyno and test them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000