Rookie needs some help!

Johnnyslowguy

Nov 13, 2011
Recently discovered a crack in the engine case, about 3 inches away from the drain bolt on our RZR S, it is barely a hairline crack in the middle of the case. I've been weighing options and need some advice. Cash is tight so new case is outta the question. We have the extended warranty and its a 2011, is this warranty-able? If not can it be welded without removing the engine, or cracking the case? Last option, JB weld? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again,

Jeff Donahoo

Johnnyslowguy

Nov 13, 2011
We have full aftermarket skids, and yeah it was bent up, is it possible to weld without taking the motor apart? Thank you for the insight!

Sincerely,

Jeff Donahoo

RZRluvr

La Familia Baby!
Feb 21, 2011
Anaheim,CA
We have full aftermarket skids, and yeah it was bent up, is it possible to weld without taking the motor apart? Thank you for the insight!

Sincerely,

Jeff Donahoo
Yes it can be welded! Sounds like you have aluminum skids, maybe in the future look into some UHMW skids. They won't dent or tear like aluminum:eek:

rockstarcustomz

RoCkStAr CuStOm MoToRsPoRtS - UTVUnderground Appro
Sep 16, 2009
Lake Havasu City, AZ
I would pull it and have it welded correctly. If money's tight you don't want to take a chance. You may want to look at holtz motor lift. It will raise the motor 1/4 inches and reduce the chance of this happening again. It happened to us in the last 100 miles of Vegas to Reno and we lost the motor. Good luck and welcome!
Lacrecia

a.p.s.

Mar 17, 2011
It is covered under warranty, just put the stock skid plate back on and you will be fine. if you have any questions call me at Triple S Polaris in cedar city utah. 435-865-0100 ask for Jim

Reactions: 1 person

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000