Round 5 Mid-West sxs series

spangs

IlliNOISE - UTVUnderground Approved
May 25, 2009
illinois
www.spangsfab.com
16 SXS lined up for the 5th and final round of the Mid-west SXS series at Hillbilly Ranch, Jerseyville IL. Sitting in 4th place over all and only 4 points separating myself and 3rd overall for the series I was looking for a good showing. The track was about 3 miles in length with a nice infield section with several large table tops, smaller jumps and a large step up jump on the back side. Most of us Cross country racers have not hit larger jumps like this on a normal bases and showed during the hot lap as everyone was over shooting it including myself that I saw. With a $1800 total payout for the top 3 in the open class and 16 eager drivers right off the line getting funneled into the woods 1st and 2nd rubbed some tires and the Polaris RZR got the bad end of that and was put into a rollover and bottle necked the rest of the field. I was sitting in the back off the line after that then getting stuck behind stuck competitors on the race course. I had a long way to go to catch the leaders. The Rt Pro UTV dual rate springs and suspension socked up the large jumps and made for a smooth landing. The Polaris Turbo made short work of the infield section. Lap after Lap I was slowly picking up positions. Ruts were growing deeper and deeper with each passing lap with almost rolling the RZR in a Turn with deep ruts saying to myself remember that turn next lap. On the next Lap i got to the turn and total forgot about it tell I was on my side. I got out and was able to get it back on its wheels. Dropped to 6th place and that is wear I would finish for the day. I was able to move up to 3rd overall for the series.

Thanks to my sponsors this year Spangs Fab, Rugged Radios, RT Pro UTV, Action Powersports in Litchfield IL, Spy Optic.

Looking forward to next year with a lot more racing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000