All UTV's Rugged 550 vs. 660

Br8ksumsht

May 7, 2011
Corona, Ca
Ok guys I need a quick responce I need to order by the end of the day. Rugged is running a good sale in intercoms. I will use mine only for recreation (No Racing) and need 4 spots. The 660 appears to be the newer one but also cost a few hundred more.

So the question is it worth the extra money? I was thinking about the DSP chip also and if I got the 550 I could put that in when I buy it if I buy the 660 I may have to wait on the DSP.

I guess the big guestion is has anyone used both and is the difference really noticeble?

Also my back passangers cannot use the behind the the headsets beacuse of their heads resting on the seat, so are the over the head style universal?

Thx for a quick responce !

RuggedRadios

Official UTVUnderground Communications Sponsor
Jan 20, 2009
Arroyo Grande, CA
www.ruggedradios.com
Ok guys I need a quick responce I need to order by the end of the day. Rugged is running a good sale in intercoms. I will use mine only for recreation (No Racing) and need 4 spots. The 660 appears to be the newer one but also cost a few hundred more.

So the question is it worth the extra money? I was thinking about the DSP chip also and if I got the 550 I could put that in when I buy it if I buy the 660 I may have to wait on the DSP.

I guess the big guestion is has anyone used both and is the difference really noticeble?

Also my back passangers cannot use the behind the the headsets beacuse of their heads resting on the seat, so are the over the head style universal?

Thx for a quick responce !
If I remember correctly we got you all squared away? If not, give us a call and we'll explain the differences and make sure you get hooked up!

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
If you are looking to get some more information on Intercoms PCI Race Radios has the best support in the business. They will assist you with getting the right system that you need AND be able to support you in the Desert.

They also have a Cyber Monday Deal going on right now!

Check them out!

PCI Race Radios, Inc. - Communications, Navigation, Safety Equipment
they won't support you in the dezert unless your racing, and their stuff costs waaaaaaaay too much.

Rugged radios is the way to go. :)

bigdjvp

Jun 11, 2010
Rog thats what I do like about you, you cut right to the chase. Just priced radios out for the new XP and you are right, Rugged cost less and they are way more eager to support their customers.

Reactions: 1 person

RuggedRadios

Official UTVUnderground Communications Sponsor
Jan 20, 2009
Arroyo Grande, CA
www.ruggedradios.com
Question: Whats the chip for?
It samples all outside noises such as wind and engine noises and tunes them out. All in all, it gets rid of around 80% of wind and engine noise so you don't hear it going through the intercom. Below is a link to our website with 2 videos, one intercom with the DSP, the other without. Check it out!

Video Library : Rugged Radios: Headsets, Intercoms, 2-Way Racing Radios and Communication for Motorcycles, Offroad, Circle Track, Drag Racing, NASCAR, Police, and more...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000