All UTV's Rugged headset problem

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
I have a carbon fiber behind the head setup with a coil cord. The damn plug at the headset always hits my right shoulder when turning my head. Most of the time it moves the headset just enough no to be centered on my ear. I guess its not that big of a deal but its just annoying.

Is there any adapters out there or can i open up the headset and relocate the plug?

Am i the only one with this problem? Maybe my dumbo ears just hang down lower than most?

onerich

The Carpenter - UTVUnderground's La familia
Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
I also have the behind head kind and they do rub on my shoulder but not to much maybe because I have my cables dropped down from the roof . But yes maybe a some kind of angled adapter might help.

chad59

Mongloid Paw - UTVUnderground Approved
Apr 23, 2010
Yuma, AZ
I had those before and had the same issue, I added a small clip to hold the cord to my harness and gave it a little slack and it solved this. good luck. Chad.

RuggedRadios

Official UTVUnderground Communications Sponsor
Jan 20, 2009
Arroyo Grande, CA
www.ruggedradios.com
I've heard of this problem before. We're trying to come up with a solution but can't figure out what the best solution would be. There is no adapter that would relocate the plug but we are going to be working on building a little right angle 5 pin adapter that would steer the cord away from your shoulders. I'll keep you posted on our progress.

Cisco Kid

Puro Corazon - UTVUnderground La Famila
Apr 17, 2009
I've heard of this problem before. We're trying to come up with a solution but can't figure out what the best solution would be. There is no adapter that would relocate the plug but we are going to be working on building a little right angle 5 pin adapter that would steer the cord away from your shoulders. I'll keep you posted on our progress.
Cool ;-)

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ

Thats great!! Now get to work on it, i need it.

RZRluvr

La Familia Baby!
Feb 21, 2011
Anaheim,CA
That's awesome! A 90 degree plug would be perfect:D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000