Yamaha Rugged Radios NEW Shop Rhino!!! Help Me Build It!

RuggedRadios

Official UTVUnderground Communications Sponsor
Jan 20, 2009
Arroyo Grande, CA
www.ruggedradios.com
Hey guys.... we picked up an 06 Rhino 450 for a SMOKIN price today! So I say, time for a build! But with a twist... UTVUnderground members get to tell us how to build it! Wed like to support vendors on this site, so with that in mind, what awesome products would you guys recommend for us to get and install? This will be a full build to put in our booth at OffRoad Expo, Sand Sports Show, Cruising around at Pismo, etc. Eventually we will be doing an R1 swap into it as well.

So there you have it.... WHAT TO DO? :D:D

Heres a few pics...

We are going to try and find some take off plastics, may have some coming in tonight actually. We are going to vinyl wrap it more than likely with company logo etc so thatll be taken care of. We also have a 4 seat cage, 4 seats and harnesses coming up tonight it looks like.

We are going to build up the suspension, body, electrical etc and not doing anything to the motor since the swap will be done.

Vendors - if you are interested in trading some product let me know, and members if you have some stuff for sale let me know, we can cut you a SMOKING deal on some product if you are interested in a trade as well. Thanks!

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
This is so awesome Matt!!!

First things first you need that Magnum LT Kit!! Then you to lace those wheels up wioth some sick BeadLocks like the KMC Enduros or some 3 piece OMF's! Of course it needs some Baja Designs Soltek Fuegos or La Paz's!!!

I am sure Black Rhino has some accesories to dress the interior up a bit!! I cant wait to see what the other members come up with!!

FernandezRacing

Off Road Swap Meet - UTVUnderground Approved Spons
Jan 15, 2009
MAGNUM LT KIT

MAGNUM IS SOLID WITH THE LONG TRAVEL KIT OR JUST TRANSFORM THAT THING WITH MAGNUM...CUSTOMER SERVICE #1 100%....

mikef

Big Mike - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Beaumont, Ca. (Inland Empire)
I agree.... Start with a Magnum LT Kit....

Is this going to be a for the Dunes, Desert, Trails or general purpose? My guess is that you wont do many trails with the R1 so it is probably going to be for the Dunes or the desert..... A 4 seater with an R1.... That has got to be a first.

mikef

Big Mike - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Beaumont, Ca. (Inland Empire)
If you are going to do a 4 seater.... Then I would get the 4 seat cage from SDR. It has a bed delete kit and it lowers the center of gravity. IMO it is by far the best and safest 4 seat cage out there.... If I did my 4 seater over again I would get it.... Maybe the boys over at Magnum could make something like that for you. You could get adeal on the cage and the LT Kit.

Bryan M

B-MAN - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 16, 2009
Sin City(Vegas!)
If you are going to do a 4 seater.... Then I would get the 4 seat cage from SDR. It has a bed delete kit and it lowers the center of gravity. IMO it is by far the best and safest 4 seat cage out there.... If I did my 4 seater over again I would get it.... Maybe the boys over at Magnum could make something like that for you. You could get adeal on the cage and the LT Kit.
I second this suggestion...that cage is sick and I also would have went that route if it would have been around back then...buying a 450 and doing a r1 swap is also something I would have considered very heavily too..... you guys are going to have a fun time with this build and its going to be fassssssssssst:cool:

RuggedRadios

Official UTVUnderground Communications Sponsor
Jan 20, 2009
Arroyo Grande, CA
www.ruggedradios.com
OK - Vendors:

I know its a ways off, but we are in full swing planning for the Sand Sports Super Show and OffRoad Expo. We currently have a 25 foot x 79 foot booth at SSSS. We are working on securing another 25 feet, so basically we are going to have the largest booth at the show. Also Sand Sports Magazine is going to be featuring our booth in the mag. We are going to have our Rail, this Rhino, a bunch of single seat buggies, dirt bikes, quads, etc etc in the booth to attract attention. Baja Designs and Save Phace will also be in our booth with us.

Heres where you come in - companies that help with this Rhino build can have space in our booth to help promote the products displayed on our rhino, hand out flyers, etc etc. This is a great way for some of the smaller companies that dont have it in their budget to get a booth at the show.

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
Rugged Rhino Build

Magnum LT
Porkers Racing 4 seat cage 4.5" lowered
Black Rhino tire and wheel package
ORW seats
ORW seat belts
Baja Design light bar
Magnum Rotax motor swap.

Members online