RZR 2011 Oil change and maintnence change

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
I always run the PS4 Plus Extreme Duty sythentic oil. It is specifically designed for high temps and extreme duty, with lots of additives like zinc and phosphoris. Auto oils these days are primarily formulated for fuel economy and are not designed to be run WFO for sustained amounts of time. In my opinion this is the cheapest insurance you can buy for a RZR.

TNT

Banned Por Vida
Nov 23, 2011
So Cal
We don't live where is is below zero so I use Mobil 20-50 full synthetic motor oil. Full synthetic for all the apps! :cool: We live and ride in the desert and heat is our enemy and breaks down most oils fast. I will change my oil twice a year or more depending on where I ride. Grand Canyon is so dusty I changed it before and after the ride with 700 miles on it. ;)

Where ru seeing dust get into your oil sys 900XP bro? I've rode lots of dust never seen it on my butterfly valve and if I did I'd be figuring out why. I think we have a very good sys I see very little shaving on my plug tells me they have used the right metals, and the filter and it's internal bypass are good. S/b magnetic and combustion particles only that the magnetic plug in the sump catches....Just put some oil on your fingers and you can use a magnet. There is a breather from the head to our oil tank but again no dirt non magnetic stuff should be getting into our oil supply by design that makes sense to me anyway, where and how? I'm under x-warrantee so I follow the book or I do it on a visual especially a synthetic where the viscosity is harder to break down than petro. :)

X2 on PS4 Extreme.

TNT

Banned Por Vida
Nov 23, 2011
So Cal
Yeah I noticed since I been in Cali in this dry dust I have to clean my filter and I disassemble my intake track after every ride and run some water thru the ducts. I noticed I cant get it all, some is caked on and hard to get to. If I were out for a week in that stuff I try and do it at least once.

Any small amount of dust would be burnt @180- 225F before it got past the rings I see very little burnt cake on dust on my throttle valve, and if u see blow by out your filler you need some new rings before the piston starts a rockin and rollin and you need a new one of those and a cyl nickle plate or worse. Just do a leak down test and see.

I'm burning a lot of oil for some reason, don't know why. I'm going to monitor it @ Acorn get some facts.

My oil has been very clean too, good job popo. :D I'm only replacing on a as need basis, I got other places to put my $ besides oil companies only thing I fear is warrante maybe I shouldn't.

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
Don't trust anything from RZR.NET! :D
It was posted by one of our own, Bagman (Tim) pretty sharp cookie if I do say so. I trust it also because it's pieces of what I've found elsewhere, just compiled in one place.

Dan...

TNT

Banned Por Vida
Nov 23, 2011
So Cal
It was posted by one of our own, Bagman (Tim) pretty sharp cookie if I do say so. I trust it also because it's pieces of what I've found elsewhere, just compiled in one place.

Dan...
We're luck Joey such a cool guy. RZR.NET threaten to ban me for posting UTVUG. Other sites strickly do not allow it. That was my point and out of respect to Joey for being so cool about it I got nothing good to say about RZR.NET, not meant to discredit anyone personally out here. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000