RZR 800 RG Edition Making Moise middle of 4 seater possible Drivetrain?

Double Trouble Hooks

Dorian's My Name, Pimpin DTH's is my Game - UTVUnd
Jan 15, 2009
Ok guys first off its been a loooong time since i been on the boards. Joey D has kicked ass and proud to see this brother. Driving my brothers loaner 800 it makes an intermittent revolving grinding sound at all speeds and sometimes sounds like it going to self destruct. pulled skid plate and put on jacks and couldnt repliacte. 4 or 2wd doesnt matter. i did notice a lot of plat ay front dif like a carrier bearing??? Not real versed and dont want to pulll the dif for rebuild if there is another common thing so any advice is really appreciated.

mikejordan23

Nov 7, 2016
Ok guys first off its been a loooong time since i been on the boards. Joey D has kicked ass and proud to see this brother. Driving my brothers loaner 800 it makes an intermittent revolving grinding sound at all speeds and sometimes sounds like it going to self destruct. pulled skid plate and put on jacks and couldnt repliacte. 4 or 2wd doesnt matter. i did notice a lot of plat ay front dif like a carrier bearing??? Not real versed and dont want to pulll the dif for rebuild if there is another common thing so any advice is really appreciated.
Check the carrier bearing on the driveline for the front diff, they are a known problem. They are also known for the front diff sprag issue. Hope this helps

Jumpman23

Double Trouble Hooks

Jan 15, 2009
Check the carrier bearing on the driveline for the front diff, they are a known problem. They are also known for the front diff sprag issue. Hope this helps

Jumpman23
Thanks brother will do and I'm assuming that would require a front did tear down and rebuild

mikejordan23

Nov 7, 2016
The carrier bearing is in the middle of the RZR , just about directly under the shifter. If it's the front diff sprague, it will require a full tear down on it in order to repair. You can also search for Gilbert Designs, they make a replacement front diff & plate so that a RZR 1000 front diff can be installed.

Jumpman23

Double Trouble Hooks

Jan 15, 2009
thanks i appreciate it and funny cuz it sounds like itx]s coming from right by the shofter but when we looked the carrier didnt feel loose but the bearing could be eating up. i will pull it apart this week.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000