RZR 800 Starting Issues need help!*Video*

Dacarman

May 29, 2012
Hi guys! I have done some searching and haven't really found anything that is similar to this problem.... This Happened when my niece was driving it and it just shut down.... After the video I took off the belt and it still did the same thing. I would appreciate any help with this! Thanks!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVxewl8Tttc&list=HL1344533894&feature=mh_lolz"]Rzr 800 not starting - YouTube[/ame]

ALBANATE

Feb 13, 2012
Is that all it does? It will not start? What were the events leading up to this? It just died? Drove into camp and then wouldnt re-start?

Nate
Alba Racing

Dacarman

May 29, 2012
Hi Nate thanks for the reply... She was driving down a dirt road and I believe she said it "pooped" and just stopped. And then we pulled it back home.... Also I noticed today that the cap on the end of the fuel rail (test port?) was off causing it to leak fuel .... I put a new cap on it and stopped leaking but still won't start? And it will not start at all. Won't make it past that point where it stops. I was wondering about the bendix but from what I have read it doesn't seem the same...

ALBANATE

Feb 13, 2012
I hate saying it but it sounds like a rod broke, or some sort of crank damage. When you roll it backwards I could swear I am hearing the rod slide down the cylinder. I would pull the plugs and see if there is any debri or damage as a start, but sounds like a teardown is possible.

Nate
Alba Racing

Dacarman

May 29, 2012
I hate saying it but it sounds like a rod broke, or some sort of crank damage. When you roll it backwards I could swear I am hearing the rod slide down the cylinder. I would pull the plugs and see if there is any debri or damage as a start, but sounds like a teardown is possible.

Nate
Alba Racing
DING DING DING!!!! You are correct! Pulled the spark plugs and looked in at the pistons and turned the motor and sure enough the front piston didn't move.... The rear did lol.... Thank you very much for the help!

Dacarman

May 29, 2012
Actually I have another question..... If it is the rod is it possible to just replace the one and put it back together? I'm kinda thinking the "stopping" of the starter is because the rod is hitting the case or something ? My issue is this is my sisters and they need money and were wanting to sell it.... I do not want to fix it and sell it if it means it will not be rite for someone else... (i.e. shady patch job) So do these part out well? Sell as is? It is stock travel, walker evans shocks, radio seats, all the bolt on performance stuff wheels + tires, bumpers stuff like that.. I'm debating if fixing will really increase the value enough to justify...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000