RZR vs MAVERICK vs YXZ - Who wins?

Who will win?

The Berts UTV crew is out in Glamis right now testing out the latest ang greatest SXS models, The RZR XP TURBO, Maverick XRS Turbo, and the YXZ1000R! They are putting these SXS to the test against eachother to bring it to you! Make sure to SUBSCRIBE to the Berts UTV Youtube channel to see the video when it is released!

SUBSCRIBE NOW!

Last edited:
Reactions: silversix01

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
I just saw a video from the shoot posted online. The Turbo RZR beat both with the Can-Am close on its heels. The Yamaha looked like it was struggling to get through the bumps. The RZR beat the Yamaha up Oldsmobile on this video by at least 5 car lengths.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
two turbo cars vs the yamaha, that doesn't seem apple to apples.
Its more or less the top of the food chain.. Bert's is damned if they do damned if they don't. If the Turbos win haters will claim that its not a fair race because the Yamaha isn't a turbo. But if they raced the Yamaha vs. the non Turbo RZR & Maverick then haters will claim that it doesn't matter because its all about the Turbos now lol

Frankly, if I was buying a new UTV for the dunes and I wanted to see a comparison I would want to see the Yamaha running against the Turbos because lets face it, if you want the latest and greatest you are choosing between a Turbo RZR, Turbo Maverick or Yamaha YXZ. So I think Bert's made the right choice racing those 3 machines.

Whats weird to me, is in the Can-Am video they just published it shows the Maverick winning handily over the RZR, yet this video I just watched had the opposite results. Grant it, in Can-Ams video they were on a flat road and in this online video poached from the Bert's shoot they were racing up Olds.

In the end, who cares about a drag race anyway. Handling and suspension means more to me then just a few extra HP. While I love winning a drag race, I don't personally build my UTVs to go in strait lines. But thats me.

dezertBandito

Sep 16, 2013
Its more or less the top of the food chain.. Bert's is damned if they do damned if they don't. If the Turbos win haters will claim that its not a fair race because the Yamaha isn't a turbo. But if they raced the Yamaha vs. the non Turbo RZR & Maverick then haters will claim that it doesn't matter because its all about the Turbos now lol

Frankly, if I was buying a new UTV for the dunes and I wanted to see a comparison I would want to see the Yamaha running against the Turbos because lets face it, if you want the latest and greatest you are choosing between a Turbo RZR, Turbo Maverick or Yamaha YXZ. So I think Bert's made the right choice racing those 3 machines.

Whats weird to me, is in the Can-Am video they just published it shows the Maverick winning handily over the RZR, yet this video I just watched had the opposite results. Grant it, in Can-Ams video they were on a flat road and in this online video poached from the Bert's shoot they were racing up Olds.

In the end, who cares about a drag race anyway. Handling and suspension means more to me then just a few extra HP. While I love winning a drag race, I don't personally build my UTVs to go in strait lines. But thats me.

Fair enough, i was just pumped to see side x side comparison that wasn't from the teaser video they showed... And i would agree with the agility statement.. Guess we'll have to wait for the season to start and catch some of these in the wild.

Reactions: JoeyD23

Rynomx785

Jun 21, 2015
Wickenburg, AZ
I'd like to see the comparison with all three cars running 28/14 Blasters.

The Yamaha appears to be geared pretty tall if it will reach 100 mph in stock form with 27" tires. I am really curious to see what taller tires do to it power wise.

Glamisfan

Oct 26, 2009
imperial valley
The axles look to be straight off a Rhino. And the gearing is way too tall! I predict the Yami is not gonna like 30's at all! They really missed the mark in a few areas! Lack of a low range........ I still can't get over that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000