• Total voters

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
RZR XP 900 Vs. Commander 1000X
Let The Debate Begin

Ok so we know a video will be made, question is will Can-Am or Polaris perform the "propoganda"? lol

Jon Crowley and I along with a handful of other regular media guys will be attending a trip with Polaris in a couple of weeks to go and get to test, photograph, and play with the new XP 900 so until I do I can only speculate on its performance. But having watched the videos, read the spec sheets, and looked at all the vehicles detailed pics I have to say that Polaris came with the goods, atleast on paper.

We all know what a beast the Commander 1000X is with its Fox shocks and trailing am suspension. I knew the first time I drove it back in early 2010 that it was going to be a winner in the UTV industry. But lets be honest, the real draw to the Commander was the 1000cc Rotax engine, the trailing arms and Fox piggy backs were just icing on the cake! Not to mention its aggresive automotive styling as well as its fit and finish. All the way around the Can-Am is a winner.

Matching these 2 top tier UTV's up in a real life test is going to be fun to watch. It is possible the Rotax may pull the RZR in the mid to top end but I have a feeling the RZR 900 will be a quicker machine having the power to weight ration advantage. I also think the RZR 900 will have a better out-of-box suspension set up. Fox Podium piggy backs are again used and with that 3 link race inspired rear suspension we are sure to see a very smooth and comfortable ride through the big bumpes. You see a lot of Can-Am guys already talking LT kits you wont hear that from XP 900 guys I suspect.

The questions that I know our Commander friends will bring up is has Polaris corrected the intake issues that plague the current RZR lineup and have they strengthened the frame? Those are both concerns that I would hope Polaris addressed when developing this new platform. From what I see I think Polaris just brought the fight back to Can-Am and its looking like we may be smack dab in the middle of a power battle amongst manufacturers. We all know how BRP-Polaris-Arctic Cat and others love to "out Horse Power" eachother in the Water Craft and Snow Mobile world, are we going to see more of the same in the UTV world?? Lets hope so!! :D

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Found this little gem floating around...Clearly a Can-Am (errrr Canned Ham as he calls it) hater but funny nonetheless

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NTsQLv83Q2o?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NTsQLv83Q2o?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Darryl89

Killer Kitty - UTVUnderground Approved
Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
i hope yamaha jumps in on the hp power. time to change up that rhino
Good source says watch for a Rhino with an R1 based CV drive motor....
Arctic Cat should have their new sport machine out in the next 6 months also...

This is going to be interesting year ahead in Side X Sides. I think everyone is going to be forced to have to buy the next new, best thing...

Kudos to Can Am and Polaris both for upping the ante...

howyadoin

Jagged X - Official UTVUnderground Sponsor
Aug 24, 2010
Hell, AZ
There's really no debate, they've been tested somewhat extensively side by side already. I'll let you guess which one I'd prefer...without a sliver of a doubt.:D

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
Out of the box the XP seems to be a complete package.

Goodtimes

Jan 17, 2009
Ramona
Found this little gem floating around...Clearly a Can-Am (errrr Canned Ham as he calls it) hater but funny nonetheless

<EMBED height=385 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=640 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/NTsQLv83Q2o?fs=1&hl=en_US allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED>

LMAO, dont tell me mark had somthing to do with this

honda1971

How BAD do you want your LAND? - UTVUnderground Ap
Feb 11, 2009
Litchfield Park

<EMBED height=385 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=640 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/NTsQLv83Q2o?fs=1&hl=en_US allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED>
Now that's funny!!!

Rander637

The Worlds Fastest RZR's - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 22, 2009
So Cal
Well, I can tell you this. We have one of each of these sitting at the shop right now. I may be a litttle biased, but the one I keep sitting in doesnt have any yellow on it;)

RZRUAE

UAE #1 - UTVUnderground Approved
Sep 11, 2010
UAE,ALAIN
I voted for the XP both machine are nice out of the box,but polaris did a very good job with a new suspension and a big engine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000