RZR XP.COMMANDER X 105lbs difference

speedracer

Feb 20, 2010
either way you look at it, commander has less wheel travel,less horse power,wieghs more, and cost more money.

LSRGreg

#877 SR1 UTV - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 26, 2009
The Commander XT 1000 that we have at the shop weighs 1520 lbs with the winch removed and no passengers.. so Can-Am is significantly under claiming the weight.

Crowdog

UTVGuide.Net
Jan 18, 2009
Shingle Springs, CA
www.UTVGuide.net
The Commander XT 1000 that we have at the shop weighs 1520 lbs with the winch removed and no passengers.. so Can-Am is significantly under claiming the weight.
The manufacturers are claiming dry weight in their specs. Kind of like horsepower claims. :p

On the RZR S vs. Comander XT video that Polaris put out, they actually show curb weight of both.

LSRGreg

Jan 26, 2009
The manufacturers are claiming dry weight in their specs. Kind of like horsepower claims. :p

On the RZR S vs. Comander XT video that Polaris put out, they actually show curb weight of both.
Yeah, but i doubt the vehicle has over 220 lbs of fluids in it.. hahah. :D

Wow.. 19k for a Commander.. gotta love those Ride Now boys!

dieselj2

Dec 19, 2010
Yeah, but i doubt the vehicle has over 220 lbs of fluids in it.. hahah. :D

Wow.. 19k for a Commander.. gotta love those Ride Now boys!
don't know where u get your info from but mrsp commander x $17,249 msrp rzr xp 900 $18,999msrp (canadian)

dieselj2

Dec 19, 2010
have u weighed th xp with the same scale same amount of fuel mud etc....and adjusted the scale right?

LSRGreg

Jan 26, 2009
don't know where u get your info from but mrsp commander x $17,249 msrp rzr xp 900 $18,999msrp (canadian)
I got the 19k from the post above me. Ride Now is a dealership down here, and they are known for adding a lot more to the cost of a vehicle if its in high demand.

have u weighed th xp with the same scale same amount of fuel mud etc....and adjusted the scale right?
Not sure exactly what you are meaning here. We weighed our Can-Am XT 1000 as it arrived to us from the showroom, minus removing the winch, and winch control box. Not sure on the exact amount of fuel, but it wasn't full. Maybe around 3/4 of a tank. There was no mud, or dirt on it, as it hadn't been driven when we weighed it. I don't have a weight for the RZR, as we don't have one here. I was just saying that the Can-Am weighs more than it claims on their site. And the video seems to be pretty accurate with a lot more difference than just 105 lbs.

G-

jaywebguy

Apr 25, 2010
Shelley, Idaho
It's funny how this argument has risen on pretty much any forum you look for. What we need is a real world comparison. Were both vehicles can be put to the test(s).

I say
Drag race,
top speed,
hill climb,
lap time around a good track
and to keep it for a testing towing something (got to give the commander at least one event)

Jason

Me personally I can't wait to watch the comparison. I was kind of disappointed that no one captured any real races between the 5 xp at glamis and a commander.

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
jagged had 5 RZRs (i believe) out in the dunes on new years weekend and they all significantly ran away from the commanders....

dieselj2

Dec 19, 2010
Not sure exactly what you are meaning here. We weighed our Can-Am XT 1000 as it arrived to us from the showroom, minus removing the winch, and winch control box. Not sure on the exact amount of fuel, but it wasn't full. Maybe around 3/4 of a tank. There was no mud, or dirt on it, as it hadn't been driven when we weighed it. I don't have a weight for the RZR, as we don't have one here. I was just saying that the Can-Am weighs more than it claims on their site. And the video seems to be pretty accurate with a lot more difference than just 105 lbs.

G-[/QUOTE] i was told they weigh bone dry no winch, bed rails,bumpers fuel ,water . just like polaris and every other brand does. (dry weight)... some have more water (better cooling)more fuel capacity(go farther)i think thats why they measure dry weight.

controled force

1004CC Turbo Tax - UTVUnderground Approved
Apr 8, 2009
Sac.Ca
Never look at DRY WEIGHT ,,that doesn't jack chit,,,,I want to know how much something weighs with a full tank of gas,water,oil,ect ect.

It's like when companies claim HP numbers,it's always rated at the crank never to the wheels,so you take a commander that makes 83 HP and take away 25 to 30 hp by the time it goes threw the CVT and then the numbers don't look so impressive anymore.

StrRacerX

Mar 12, 2010
san diego, ca
Never look at DRY WEIGHT ,,that doesn't jack chit,,,,I want to know how much something weighs with a full tank of gas,water,oil,ect ect.

It's like when companies claim HP numbers,it's always rated at the crank never to the wheels,so you take a commander that makes 83 HP and take away 25 to 30 hp by the time it goes threw the CVT and then the numbers don't look so impressive anymore.
exactly, dry weight is crap. i want to see real world figures

howyadoin

Jagged X - Official UTVUnderground Sponsor
Aug 24, 2010
Hell, AZ
It's funny how this argument has risen on pretty much any forum you look for. What we need is a real world comparison. Were both vehicles can be put to the test(s).

I say
Drag race,
top speed,
hill climb,
lap time around a good track
and to keep it for a testing towing something (got to give the commander at least one event)

Jason

Me personally I can't wait to watch the comparison. I was kind of disappointed that no one captured any real races between the 5 xp at glamis and a commander.
I can tell you they've been run side by side extensively. I can also tell you that one DEFINATELY stood out fairly substantially in all but top speed, where they were really close (on pavement:D). We'll just wait for other "non-invested" parties to give their impressions, because anything I/we say will be interpreted as showing "favoritism" anyway. If I were buying one of them, at full retail...it would NOT be yellow...that's all I'm saying.:D

jaywebguy

Apr 25, 2010
Shelley, Idaho
I'm going to guess that at least one of the manufacturers will do a educational video comparing the two :)

I can tell you they've been run side by side extensively. I can also tell you that one DEFINATELY stood out fairly substantially in all but top speed, where they were really close (on pavement:D). We'll just wait for other "non-invested" parties to give their impressions, because anything I/we say will be interpreted as showing "favoritism" anyway. If I were buying one of them, at full retail...it would NOT be yellow...that's all I'm saying.:D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000