San Diego fires

Sandman365

Booze Cruzin'
May 24, 2013
Escondido
Probably quite a few UTVUG members in North San Diego County. Props to the fire crews and hopefully they are able to kick ass on these fires, but the weather today and the next few days isn't helping the cause.

Definitely don't want a repeat of the 2007 fires. Stay safe!

dezerteryx

Jun 13, 2010
san marcos
Its pretty sketchy the last few days. My house is just a few miles from it and had lots of friends and family evacuated.

Sandman365

Booze Cruzin'
May 24, 2013
Escondido
Things got pretty hairy yesterday with tons of evacuations and the fire encroaching on homes, the hospital and Stone Brewing among other business'. Thanks to Cal Fire and other agencies and military helping out, the fire got its ass kicked overnight and basically in control today. The military brought in more air support and had a caravan of planes going from the fire to airport to reload retardant and back with drops every couple of minutes. That combined with twin prop helicopters dropping loads of water made for an impressive sight from a planning and logistics standpoint.
Something I hadn't seen was a jetliner diving in low and doing air drops. Basically looked like Southwest was pitching in on the effort. Think it was a dc-9 or 10, but really cool to see a full size passenger jet diving low in the mountains. It was shown on the news so maybe there's a YouTube clip already.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000