Sand Mountain, Nevada

BansheeDan

Feb 17, 2009
You guys should add Sand Mountain in Nevada to your spot check! Its a cool place only an hour and a half past Reno, we go there about 4x a year.

Lead Dog

Grabbin' Gears - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 12, 2009
Las Vegas
<<<<< has been there and done that ! I grew up in Pollock Pines just over the hill from Lake Tahoe! great place to ride when the Sand freezes!! :eek:

BansheeDan

Feb 17, 2009
Cool, thanks Joey alot of us up north go there, only 5.5 hrs from me, same as Oregon Dunes, easier for a quick trip than the long trek to Glamis.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
NP!!! Feel free to use that thread I kicked off to throw in your guys tips to riding and camping there!!! Spread the word...... Where exactly is Sand Mountain.....anywahere near Tahoe? My mom lives up there....may be able to make a trip out of it!?

Crowdog

UTVGuide.Net
Jan 18, 2009
Shingle Springs, CA
www.UTVGuide.net
NP!!! Feel free to use that thread I kicked off to throw in your guys tips to riding and camping there!!! Spread the word...... Where exactly is Sand Mountain.....anywahere near Tahoe? My mom lives up there....may be able to make a trip out of it!?
Hwy 50 about 20 miles east of Fallon, NV. If you make it to Tahoe to ride, you will need to give me a call. :cool:

loco

Loco Time - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 18, 2009
Placerville, CA
Oh were gonna do this then!!!!! I need to start looking at dates!! Is there any riding in Tahoe itself Jon?
Only riding in Tahoe that I know of would be the Rubicon down into Rubicon Springs and maybe to Buck Island and Spider Lake if you want to really stretch it out. I've done the whole Rubicon in 6 hours from Loon lake to the staging area up at the end, but that was with my Toyota and during the week.

papa v

Jan 30, 2009
Joey,
Let me know if you guys plan a trip to sand mtn, I doing a job in fallon all summer on one of the bombing ranges. Will be taking our rhinos to use on the job and for something to do on weekends. Would love to hook up, maybe even mammoth.

papa v

Bryan M

B-MAN - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 16, 2009
Sin City(Vegas!)
I would love to do Mammoth this summer. Somebody organize it!

John your right lets get a PITP in mammoth going...

Ill pm Bordhead(Brian) he's done the trip several times and knows where to camp(June mtn/lake area) and ride, he says its a blast Ill try and find a link to one of his trip reports...this is a must do on my list....:cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000