SaveTheRidersDunes on Facebook

LBR

LBR
Apr 9, 2009
Oregon
Follow us on Facebook here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Floren...s/294886641722

Website soon to be up and running at: www.savetheridersdunes.com

Contact us at: [email protected]

BRC Online donations - https://www.sharetrails.org/secure/j...ontribute/?c=1

Please take the time to visit this link and toss in a donation - Be sure to specify "Oregon Dunes Account" - Thanx so much - LBR

1) Fill in your basic individual information
2) Select "My contribution is for the: BRC General Fund"
3) Type in "Oregon Dunes Account" above "Amount"
4) Fill in the amount you wish to donate for the Oregon Dunes - these funds will be used for BRC work regarding YOUR dunes recreation.

Don Amador
Western Representative
BlueRibbon Coalition, Inc.
555 Honey Lane
Oakley, CA 94561
925.625.6287 Office
925.625.5309 FAX
925.783.1834 Cell
BlueRibbon Coalition: Protecting your recreational access to public lands.

Folks,

We have set up a place to donate to begin the process of fighting back legally the closing of a bunch of trails in the Oregon Dunes Recreation National Area (ODNRA). Most of you know the Forest Service is in the process of closing 15% of area we ride on and love, especially trails.

What we are going to do first is to file some sort of countersuit to let the greenies know that we are going to fight and not let the Forest Service (FS) take the easy path regarding Riley Ranch. The second thing we need to do is get the lawyers at Blue Ribbon Coalition (BRC) involved with this 10C process to make sure we have the correct language in the final proposals that the local Work Group recommends to the FS. We can not do anything until this happens. Once the FS decides what they are going to do they will publish the final decision and the closures will begin in earnest. Make no mistake; there will be major closures when this is done. The closures are already done; it is just a matter of signs up and enforcement. We need to be ready to legally fight if the decisions go the wrong way. The best outcome of this whole process is all 10C gets re-zone 10B.

We need to get the word out and for all of us to donate. The important thing is the donations will go strictly to this effort. You do not have to join the BRC although I highly recommend it so they can be involved with all the closures in the United States. Again, if we all donate a little we can make this happen. I am sure you are like me and want to ensure that the money we donate goes to the place we want and this will happen. The money you specifically donate via the instructions attaché will go to the ODNRA fight.

I am also working on some fliers so folks can hand out in all the camping areas during this summer the info to all the non-internet savvy folks that do not know what is going on. This really is a grass roots effort to get the word out. The ODNRA is an awesome playground that is known around the world. I have met people from Europe that came specifically to play in our sandbox.

Please tread lightly and quietly!
Thanks,
Jody Phillips

Phone: 541-840-3640

Subject: Re: Oregon Dunes

Here is a link to my blog on the Riley Riley Ranch Legal Issue:

http://thegeneralsrecreationden.blog...of-infamy.html

Again, the BRC has set up an "Oregon Dunes Account" at our main office where folks can donate via PayPal or snail mail. This account will be used strictly to help fund BRC involvement with the two separate but related land use issues at the Dunes.

BRC Online donations - https://www.sharetrails.org/secure/j...ontribute/?c=1

1 - The legal issue at Riley Ranch
2 - The Travel Management Plan for the Oregon Dunes

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000