SITE UPGRADES

az_amsoil

Amsoil Arizona - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 22, 2009
Hey guys we are doing some upgrades and changes to the site over the next couple of weeks so bear with us! Thank you!! You guys will be stoked on what we do!!! Stay tuned....
So far, not impressed! Question marks the last couple of days, no tapatalk access and impossible to reply to threads...hope better days are in the very near future!

TNT

Banned Por Vida
Nov 23, 2011
So Cal
It is an interesting subject what PB said. I have seen huge companies be sold down river by IT crap sales ppl that makes it worse! I hate IT guy's lol, every time I finally get it figured out they change it just to justify their existence. They make it way more complicated than it needs to be, cripples companies from producing what they should be.

None of that was meant towards this site. Way I look at this site at it's worse moment times 100 is WAY better than RZR.NET. :D

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
I am sur JD has great intentions and will get it dialed....but right now all I see is rex X's everywhere and a bunch of broken links

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
OK, well back to my first post. This may take a COUPLE OF WEEKS. But so you guys don't feel so left in the dark...

When this site was built I had NO IDEA what I was doing, therefor the site was built from the backend in a very poor way in terms of how it was placed on the server. There is some very technical mumbo jumbo that goes with it that is neither here nor there. SO what I am doing for the good of the site LONGTERM is we are migrating it over, and already have, to a new format in terms of how the backend is set up. This is something we needed to do to so #1. we could make the site more search engine friendly and 2. able to upgrade to newer and better versions of forum software.

SO, what we have done is begin the moving of the forum and in doing this we have had to change some URL stuff which has left some broken links on the site, all of which are being addressed. This isn't an overnight thing, and because its a live 24/7 forum at some point there is going to be some issues for people visiting the site.

So I ask all of you to hang tight and work with me here. Beyond the upgrading to newer software/version we are adding a pretty cool new homepage that will be pretty sweet looking! There will also be a new classifieds which will allow you guys to interact with a large network when wanting to buy and see stuff (UTV/Off-Road related).

On my end thus far I do see some broken links for where some forum icons should be and some banner ads. I am not seeing Red X's so if you guys could send me the link of where these are appearing and what browser you use for internet that would be helpful. However we will be testing with all of the browsers to ensure proper function. I am also not having any issues in trying to post, reply, or view any threads?? As much info you can give me would be great. You can email that to me at [email protected]

Tapatalk will also be re-installed shortly. I use it a lot as well so I want it back ASAP.

Again, I apologize for upsetting some of you. I know first hand being a forum junkie for many years that members HATE change and most will initially want to reject it with the IF AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT stuff. But the reality is on the backend it WAS broken and hurting the sites search-ability and SEO. I am trying to unscrew and then UPGRADE which IS a GOOD thing! That you will just have to trust me on.

thanks for all the feedback guys.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
So far, not impressed! Question marks the last couple of days, no tapatalk access and impossible to reply to threads...hope better days are in the very near future!
Might be a week or 2. We have 3.5yrs of data to migrate and go through. Doesn't happen overnight, although I wish it did! lol

Got to be honest the timing sucks and it is DEAD, I also have seen nothing new as well? Whatever it is I hope it is worth the hassle! :) :confused:
The timing is the best it could be. The desert season is over and this is always the slowest time of year for the forum, the analytics confirm that. However traffic is slower and it could very well be that the site may look broken to some.

Joey is out of town! With RRMR, ROTR, GC Ride, and all the rest it was bad timing! Also whatever happened to warnings, Beta testing, or getting it up and switching us over? If it isn't broke don't fix it! Add this "Great Stuff" during a less busy time! I have convinced new people to come over to the site and this is NOT good! Look how dead it is! I have no other choice than to hope it all works out, but doesn't mean I have to be happy about it, maybe I will find something else to do? ;) It has nothing to do with trusting Joey, he might have been sold a bill of goods, we don't know who is doing this and I have been burned more than once by site designers!
PB, I am ALWAYS out of town trying to bring you the best coverage of any UTV forum in the WORLD. That doesn't mean I and a small army are not working on getting this site dialed in ASAP. There is no better time then the present! And for the record, we are testing on another site we have set up however that doesn't help us un-F all the poor set up that I caused with my inexperience. The people involved in helping me are people who we are now closely affiliated with and have as much reason to get our site up and running in the most up to date way possible as I do.

It is an interesting subject what PB said. I have seen huge companies be sold down river by IT crap sales ppl that makes it worse! I hate IT guy's lol, every time I finally get it figured out they change it just to justify their existence. They make it way more complicated than it needs to be, cripples companies from producing what they should be.

None of that was meant towards this site. Way I look at this site at it's worse moment times 100 is WAY better than RZR.NET. :D
There are no IT guys involved here... All UTVUnderground people! Thank you for the support.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
I understand. NO ONE wants the site to be 1000% more than me. The forum itself seems to be still very functional, at least on my end. Again, if you guys cannot see images in posts, videos, are having problems navigating, etc etc. Please send me links / screenshots, or just message/email me with the info.

THANK YOU!!!!

RZRluvr

La Familia Baby!
Feb 21, 2011
Anaheim,CA
For the love of God, let Joey do his thing and make the Underground even better than it already is! These things take time to be great and knowing Joey, Great it will be:) This Forum is not about one person and their adventures! It's about all of us and the good of all! Good job Joey! Can't wait for the good things to come:)

66cummins

moab junkie
Dec 4, 2009
For the love of God, let Joey do his thing and make the Underground even better than it already is! These things take time to be great and knowing Joey, Great it will be:) This Forum is not about one person and their adventures! It's about all of us and the good of all! Good job Joey! Can't wait for the good things to come:)
X1000000000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

az_amsoil

Amsoil Arizona - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 22, 2009
getting better :D

I'd HATE to be the guy fixing alll those links!!! There is a reason I left the software industry for the hardware industry.

Joey, you know I was just busting your balls :eek:

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
It looks like we should be all migrated now. Over the coming week or 2 we should see the full transformation. You guys should like it. May take a little re-adjusting to go from our homepage to the upgraded version of this forum but you will figure it out.

So you guys know, its the same forum software just a newer version so it still functions much the same.

It will have a white background I think as well which will make it a little easier on the eyes as well.

TNT

Banned Por Vida
Nov 23, 2011
So Cal
White background should perk things up a little get ppl to stop beitching and impress p-bears noobs :rolleyes:, I always thought black was too GOTH! Hopefully you added Jim’s flipping bird to the emoticons. :D

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Thanks guys! Its pretty exciting what we have going down! I am a bit biased obviously and at times a bit proud but I believe what we are doing will change the way UTV information is consumed online. The "portal" we are creating will give you all access to the awesome coverage you all expect from us plus so much more!

I promise to never go BLUE on you and ruin everything! hahaha

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
getting better :D

I'd HATE to be the guy fixing alll those links!!! There is a reason I left the software industry for the hardware industry.

Joey, you know I was just busting your balls :eek:
Just remember Bob, the more you use software, the more reliable it becomes. The more you use H/W the less reliable it becomes. Good job security!!! LOL!!!:D

Rocketman...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000